The Exceptionally Ordinary Life of Jessica Mason

I'm sorry that this took so long. I had a lot of shit going on for a couple weeks, and then I wasn't doing too great for a while, but now I'm feeling a bit better, so I'm finally getting this done. Anyway, I really like this chapter. It's really different. 

"No." I looked Fred straight in the eyes. "I have never loved anyone more than I love you. I know we're young, but I feel like there's no one more perfect for me than you."

"I love you too," Fred said in a rough, low voice. "So, what happened exactly? They never said."

I explained to Fred what happened, not even leaving out the fact that I was a diviner. It's time people knew. I told him how it felt when I was dying, and what made me hold on. 

"You were the first one to come to my mind," I confessed. 

"I'm just glad you're alive," Fred said, kissing my hand gently. 

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. 

"Bloody hell," I muttered, trying to find the snooze button on my incredibly loud alarm clock.

Once I found the button, I stretched and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up. I threw my covers off, sending the fifth Harry Potter book flying. I realized I must've fallen asleep reading it again. Rolling out of bed, I picked the book up to see that some of the pages had been cruppled during the night. I flatened them out to the best of my ability, and then put the book aside. 

"Come on, Jess, we're going to be late!" my roommate and best friend, Maia, said. I turned to see her standing there, fully dressed and ready. 

"Give me a few, alright?" I asked, still not fully awake. 

"You've already missed breakfast," Maia informed me. "Class starts in fifteen."

My eyes widened. "Shit."

Maia walks out laughing, and I begin to hastily get ready. 

Pulling off my pajamas and dressing in my uniform, I eye the book on my desk. What I'd give to have a life like the characters in the book. To go to Hogwarts and cats spells... It's bad enough that nearly every night I dream about having the adventures with the characters. Ever since I started re-reading the series a couple of months ago, I'd been having these weird dreams. I dreamt that I was Draco Malfoy's twin sister, the brave Jinx Malfoy. It was a horrible burden, though. To dream that I lived the exciting life of Jinx Malfoy, girlfriend of the dreamy Fred Weasley, only to wake up to be me. Plain old single pringle me, Jessica Mason. I was more ordinary than the most ordinary thing you could ever think of. The only thing I considered slightly remarkable about myself was that like Jinx, I was a twin. 

My brother's name was Blake. He, however, was so unlike Draco Malfoy that it's not even slightly amusing. To be entirely honest, he's like a guy version of Hermione, if that's not weird enough. He always gets good grades, abides by the rules, etc. I mean, he's not an entire stick in the mud. He's pretty chill and loves days off of school as much as the normal person does. Maybe he's about halfway stuck in the mud. 

I, meanwhile, seem to have a talent for getting in trouble. I mean, sure, no one made me throw a stink-bomb in the teacher's lounge or stick feathers in everybody's lockers, but it's not my fault that I was caught. That was all on the teachers. I do get decent grades, mostly in the 80's percent wise, but I'm not a complete genius like Blake. 

I brush out my messy blonde curls, letting them hang loosely around my face, and drag my eyeliner over my lid. I had no time for anything else. I grab my blazer and my bag, and head downstairs. I only had three minutes to get to class, and unfortunately my first period class was all the way across campus.