The Beginning of the End

I basically haven't updated for the entirety of my undergraduate degree. 

Whoops lol

I really need to work on my honours thesis. This is honestly a new level of procrastination for me, but oh well. 

I said I was going to finish this and finish this I will. There will likely be 1-2 more chapters after this, and an epilogue. When I will post those, who knows, but it will happen eventually. 

Might be sooner than later though, if COVID-19 keeps life on hold. If only I were getting paid for this nonsense. 

Straps on kids, it's going to be a long one. 

A couple of weeks with Fred and George passed, and I slowly began to regain not only my strength but a sense of normalcy. With Fred by my side, I felt myself falling into my old habits, the ones I'd repressed while at the manor. 

Not only did I begin to feel like myself again, but I also began looking like myself again too. Molly sent care package after care package, and I gained back the weight I'd lost. We burned the clothes I had brought with me from the manor, and it turned out that Fred had the clothes that I left at the Burrow, even my old converses. 

Naturally, I put them on the second he revealed them to me. 

"Why do you still insist on wearing those old things?" Fred asked me as I laced up, enjoying the feeling of them. "I think I've seen you do more magic keeping those things together than on anything else."

I shrugged. "Sentimental value, I guess. Plus, they're basically moulded to my feet now so they're unbelievably comfortable."

Pepsi sat by my feet and watched the laces intently like he was going to attack them at any second. 

He was another amazing surprise for me once I arrived at the flat. He had been napping when I first got there, and Fred had neglected to mention that he had custody of my cat while I was away. I had been laying on the couch, eyes closed, just about to fall asleep when I felt something licking my face. Now, because Pepsi did this often and I was half asleep I kind of ignored it at first until it actually registered that my cat was licking my face. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see my weird little buddy. 

The days we had were long and lazy because there was not much to do in hiding. Fred disappeared periodically to run a radio broadcast with Lee Jordan called Potterwatch. George disappeared often too, presumably to give Fred and I some privacy, which after several months apart we took full advantage of. 

If you know what I mean. 

We visited Aunt Muriel's several times to be fed by Mrs. Weasley (Fred and George aren't exactly master chefs - they think an explosion is a legitimate cooking method), and even Shell Cottage once to see the squad again. They said they were planning their break-in at Gringotts for May 1st, and that they were unsure as to what would happen after that. 

"Just be ready," Harry said. "Hopefully, after we get this next Horcrux it won't be long until we find the last two. And then it will finally be over."

I tapped my finger on the side of my teacup. "Any chance you think I'm well enough to join you on this little crime spree?"

Harry shook his head. "I need you to save your strength for when we need it most."

"And when will that be? In another year when you finally find the last two?" 

Harry shook his head again. "I get the feeling it's going to be a lot sooner than that."

"How do you know?"

"I don't," Harry shrugged. "Just have this feeling."

"Well your instincts, no matter how dreadfully depressing they are, are usually right," I said. "But if anything goes wrong, let me know immediately."