Several Weasleys and a Wedding

Is anyone even reading anymore? 

So after Mad-Eye died and I almost died (again) life went on. There were many preparations for the wedding so that shit went on. Mrs. Weasley seemed determined to keep Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I apart. I think she's trying to discourage us from leaving by not giving us time to plan. It was especially frustrating for me, because these days could quite possibly be my last with everyone, and I couldn't even spend them with the people I loved. 

I was having issues deciding how and when I was going to tell them that I wouldn't be joining them on the horcrux hunting expedition. Frankly, I didn't want to tell them. As time went on, I found myself wanting to go with them more and more and go on my mission less and less.

But it was for the best for me to go, unfortunately. 

So the night before Harry's birthday, I decided to tell Hermione about my mission. We were in the room we shared with Ginny. She was piling stuff into her magically awesome bag, Ginny was downstairs helping Mrs. Weasley, and I was lying on my bed, stroking Pepsi. Hermione was talking, but I wasn't paying attention. 

"Jinx!" Hermione shouted suddenly.

"Llamas," I said immediately without really thinking. 

Odd how after all these years that's still a reflex response. 

"I asked you a question," Hermione informed me. "I asked which of these I should take."

She was holding two books on the same subject. 

"That one," I said pointing to the one on my left. Hermione lowered the books. 

"You've been awfully distracted lately," Hermione commented. "Is everything okay? Nothing's happened between you and Fred?"

"No, everything's fine between us," I said. 

"Anything you want to tell me...?" Hermione asked. "You've been disappearing a lot too. Have you two...?"

"Oh my god," I said, realizing where Hermione was going with this. "Oh my god, you are not asking me about if Fred and I are having sex."

"Have you? If so, I hope you're using protection."

"We are not having sex," I insisted. "We haven't even talked about it."

During these times when I disappeared I was actually spending time with Lupin, mastering the art of Occulemency. If I was going to be able to relay information back to the order, I had to do it without Voldemort finding out, so Occulemency was a must. 

"Where have you been going, then?" Hermione asked. 

I stayed silent for a moment, trying to decide whether to lie or tell the truth. 

"Actually, I've been meaning to talk to you about this," I started. "I can't go horcrux hunting with you three."

Hermione's jaw dropped. "What do you mean you can't? Are you like, deathly ill or something?"

"No," I said. "I've been given a mission and, well, it's going to take a while to complete. Really, how long it takes is decided by how long you guys take to find all the horcruxes, that is if I' survive that long. I've been disappearing because I've been preparing myself for it."

Hermione stared at me. "What do you mean, if you survive that long?"

I swallowed and continued. "I'll be leaving the day after the wedding. Lupin and Mad-Eye were the only ones who knew. It was Dumbledore's idea originally, though."

"What are you going to be doing, Jinx?"

"I can't tell you that," I replied. "You'll find out soon, of course. But I need you to act like you don't know it's a mission and believe the lie that will be fed to everyone else."