I smile awkwardly, "I apologize for being such a mess. Was Mr. Wood expecting your arrival?" I ask, trying to sound professional despite my distaste for her.

Did I have any other reason than her having slept with Austin? No. That wasn't even a good enough reason for there to be some sort of rage for this innocent woman, or not so much.

"No. I was in the area," she fakes a smile as her eyes wander across my apparel. "I must say," she changes the subject, "The decorating is interesting. Austin hates the holidays. You must have him whipped if he's decorating for Christmas."

I clear my throat and shift my weight into my other foot. "It wasn't-it's not- The office pulled together this year we decorated. Mr. Wood had no involvement."

"Hey, I wasn't trying to get you into trouble. I'm sure you have lunch plans, why don't you just let him know I'm here?"

I reach for the phone slowly and lift the device to my ear.

"Couldn't get enough of me?" He chuckles, but I was more than serious right now.

"Miss. Reeves is here." I state.

I could practically heart his heart drop, making my own crush entirely.

"Would you like me to send her in?" I ask in a moment of silver, my eyes finally lifting from my desk and onto her.

She was impatiently standing there looking at me like I was a pest needing stomped.

"No. I'll be out in a second, Laines," he doesn't hang up and for a second I contemplate doing it myself, "Don't let her get to you, okay, baby? Whatever she tells you, she's lying."

I swallow harshly before placing the phone back to it's place.

He steps outside, looking overly worried.

"Aussie, so glad you could make time for me." She smiles all too perkily if I might say.

He clears his throat and brushes his thumb along his top lip.

I realize I overstayed my time and I quickly grab my belongings. "I directed your calls for lunch they'll be sent to voicemail. If that's all I think I'll be going for my break."

"Miss. Bennett you don't have to-"

I cut him off quickly, "Dane is waiting downstairs so I should probably go."

With that, I make my way out the office feeling weird about this entire situation.

•- Austin Wood -•

"What are you doing here, Hannah?" I ask, turning on my foot and heading to my office.

She steps inside, her heel clicking against the wooden floors as she does so.

"Curiosity. I heard you still had that assistant. Taken her to bed yet? I bet she gets freaky," she raises her eyebrows suggestively.

I watch as she tries to shut the door, but I stop her. I'm not making myself look worse than I already do. "Don't tell me the only reason you're here is because of Laine," I say scoldingly.

She scoffs, turning away from me all too quickly. "I don't like her, Aussie. She's got that whole sweet and innocent act but we all know it's just so you find interest in her."

This wasn't exactly a new occurrence. Hannah was possessive of things that weren't her's, things she never wanted to be her's in the first place. Jealousy poured out of her. Desperation was her specialty after all.

But that was only the start of understanding a manipulative woman like Hannah Reeves. It was better left there however because just scratching the surface was already too much for me to handle on this Thursday afternoon.