I nod and decide that I don't want to push him at all. I pull my hand away from his and sit up normally. I buckle my seatbelt in and begin to pull out of the restaurant parking lot. Both of his hands go up to his face as he rubs his eyes and cheeks.

Ten minutes later, we pull up to his apartment complex. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He hums as he quickly gets out of the car and starts walking to the entrance.

Um. No.

I climb out of the car and follow behind him. I know this will test his patience, but I'm not letting him just walk away from me.

"Ross," I say softly as I am literally power walking in efforts to catch up to his long legs.

He turns around. "I'm fine, Hayley."

"No, you're not. I know if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't just let me go upstairs to my apartment alone. Let me be with you for a bit," I try to convince as I fully walk up beside him.

He sighs and opens up the front door, stepping to the side to hold the door open for me. I walk inside and continue walking until we got to his door. "I want to get fucking drunk," he says randomly once we kick our shoes off. "Or punch something."

"Babe, we have classes in the morning." That sounds like a horrible idea. I know he'll push past his limit and he'll be hungover tomorrow which means he'll probably skip his classes.

He glares over at me. "This is why I didn't want you to come up here."

"Because I was going to think rationally and you weren't? Come on, Ross. You know that isn't healthy either," I say as I stand my ground.

Ross groans and sits onto the couch. "I haven't seen her since I broke up with her. I know it won't open old wounds, but I'm just completely thrown off by it all happening. I'm not scared of her either. I don't know how I feel. And she works with you!"

"I know." I say as I sit beside him.

He leans over and pulls me so my legs are laying across his, my body leaning on him.

"It's not fair that this happens suddenly and my reaction is to pull away from you. I'm sorry," he apologizes as he leans his head on top of mine. "But really though. What are the odds my ex-girlfriend works with you?"

I nod. His hands go to rest gently on my waist. "It's okay. I can beat her up the next time I see her," I whisper and tilt my head up to look at him.

Ross smiles at me. "Oh yeah?" He replies softly.

I nod. "Anything for you," I say honestly.

He looks like he hesitates for a second before leaning down and kissing me gently. My eyes flutter shut at the contact. I feel him lean back moments later so I open my eyes, but he presses his forehead to mine.

"I feel like she's going to try and make my life a living hell," he whispers.

I shake my head. "She'll try, but you're better now. You aren't a seventeen year old boy. And also, I know you can be a little asshole now so I feel like she'll fail horribly."

"A little asshole?" He smirks as his eyes meet mine.

I nod. "Yes. You know you can be." My eyebrows are raised. "Doesn't mean it doesn't turn me on when you act all tough," I add in attempt to cut some of the tension and have him ease up a bit. I wiggle my eyebrows obnoxiously at him to make him laugh. Then proceed to internally cringe.

"Woah," he smiles at me. "What are you trying to do to me, Hayley Atkins?"

I laugh and lean my head back against his shoulder. "All I'm saying is that you are at a better state mentally right now than you were four years ago. She doesn't have shit on you now."

Ross nods. "I know. I have nothing to worry about."

"We have classes in the morning so I should probably head back to my place," I say softly as I begin to untangle myself from him.

He groans and tightens his arms around me, twisting his body so he's lying on top of me. "Nooo."

I laugh as he nuzzles his head into my neck. "Yes, babe."

He shakes his head against my skin and whines. "I just want to cuddle with you. I'm comfy."

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck to pull him closer to me in which Ross hums in satisfaction. "Ten minutes," I murmur.

"One hour," he fights back.

I laugh. "You can't try to compromise with my ten minute warning with an hour."

"Fine, two hours," he says. His head is completely buried into my neck and I could hardly make out any of the words he is saying. I roll my eyes and start to play with his hair. His head turns so his cheek rests against my chest and I continue my movements on his hair. "You know I love you a lot, right?" He says softly.

I nod. "I love you," I reply.

Ross leans up and kisses me softly before laying back down. Although the night ended well, why would I assume things would continue to go that way?