Chapter 26

Everyone who had an Avatar and all the people of the Clans Gathered by the Well of Souls and celebrated our victory.

People danced. People sang. People rejoiced. An People gave thanks to Eywa for living to see another day.

There were the others who mourned loved ones and fallen comrades. An spoke to Eywa and asked her to keep them safe and protect them for all time.

Many warriors were lost in every Clan. Everyone felt the others pain and tried there best to lift each other up. Being gathered here together in peace and harmony was a sight that all that had witnessed would cherish forever.

Jake and Neytiri danced among the people. Lost in the moment and basking in the glory of winning against the Sky People. The sight of the two of them was something to behold. There movements were in sync and it was like they were made for one another. They were really and truly meant to be together. An I could only hope that I could have that one day.

As the sun began to set, I watched as Jake walked up to Toruk and made bond with him one last time. The marine placed his forehead against that of the mighty beast before releasing the bond and stepping away. The Great Leonopteryx spread out its wings gave a mighty roar and returned to the wild.

His services were no longer needed.

The time of The Last Shadow was over.

* * * * * *

Today Jake went through the Eye.

It was one of the most exciting and nerve wrecking things I had ever experienced. I knew if this worked. Jake would forever wake up in his Avatar body. No longer need the base to be apart of the tribe or with Neytiri.

I didnt go in with him like I did Grace.

For some reason Mother wouldnt let me enter. That worried me at first. I thought maybe she knew how hurt I would be if he couldnt pass through.

But when I saw the yellow eyes of my big brother open all those thoughts flew out the window. I stared in awe of him. As he was in awe moving his hands and feet.

He caught sight of me an grinned. It was then I knew that if we were all mentally strong enough we could pass through and permanently make a home here.

Neytiri walked cautiously up to Jake and caressed his cheek. Before turning to his human body that lay lifeless. She carefully scooped it up and placed a sweet kiss on its head. An smiled at Jake with unshed tears in her eyes.

This had been both of our dreams.

To have the guy we loved and live with him. Both of us in the same form forever. I smiled happily for Neytiri.

She had gotten her wish.

Everyone moved outside. An we watched as Jakes human body was laid to rest in the ground.

A tear rolled down my cheek and I smiled happily at the small body. I would miss seeing the Marine roll around and ram people shins for the hell of it. I'd miss his shiny blue eyes filled with mischief.

But I was happy he gotten his dream. I was happy his dreamwalker days were now his reality.

I walked forward and placed a flower on the lifeless body.  Today marked a new age.

An it placed hope in all of us that we could truly become one with this world and make a life on it forever.

* * * * * *

I leaned over Max's shoulder and watched him work in his lab. He was in the process of mixing the dna of an Na'vi and Trudy's DNA.

Since they were the only humans left without an Avatar. Max quickly got to work on growing one for each of them. Thankfully they had the materials to get two growing in no time.