Christmas

Kaito opened his eyes on Christmas morning, looking around his hospital room again. The sun was just starting to rise outside, shedding orange light on the snow. Suddenly the door opened, and Luka came in with Gakupo and Gumi, each one carrying a plastic shopping bag.

"Good morning Kaito! Merry Christmas!" Gumi cried happily, setting her bag down and giving Kaito a hug. Luka and Gakupo set their bags down as well, and Gumi joined Luka on the floor.

"Kaito, Merry Christmas. I'm really sorry that you couldn't be at home with the rest of us. But we brought your presents. Also, thanks for putting our presents in labeled boxes! We were able to give everyone their presents, thanks to you!" Gakupo stated, wrapping Kaito in a tight hug.

"Thank...Thank you guys," Kaito replied hoarsely. Tears sprang into his eyes, and he smiled, returning Gakupo's hug.

"Hey Gakupo, come and sit down so we can give Kaito his Christmas presents!" Gumi snapped playfully.

Gakupo chuckled and joined the two girls on the floor, pulling out a blue stocking from his plastic bag.  "These are just stocking stuffers." He pulled out a package of multicolored hair clips, a blue-and-white bracelet, some chocolate truffles, and a small tin of dark grey shoe polish. "Gumi got the hair clips. Miku and the twins made the bracelet. Luka and I got the truffles, and Meiko got the shoe polish. Also, Yuki and Kiyoteru got you some chocolate ice cream."

Gumi snorted and hid her laughter with the rustling of her own bag, and pulled out a small wrapped present. "Oops! This one's for me!" she exclaimed. Opening it, she produced a small carrot-shaped plush keychain. "Aww!!!! Thanks, Kaito!" she cried. "Oh, right! Your Christmas presents!" She handed Kaito the plastic bag, and he took it with a sweet smile.

Kaito took a small package wrapped in festive paper out of the bag. A tag on it read "From Meiko to Kaito. Just open this and shut up." "Ha. Classic...Meiko," Kaito chuckled in his broken voice. He carefully took the wrapping paper off to reveal an ice-cream plush keychain. "Oh, cool....It's like...yours, Gumi," Kaito whispered, smiling. He pulled out the next package, slightly larger, that was from the Kagamines. Opening it, Kaito revealed a pillow with several felt patches sewn on with amateur stitches. On each patch was a picture of a Vocaloid, on top of their signature color. "Aww..Now...every...Vocaloid...is always...with me," Kaito chuckled. He opened the third package and inside lay a sketchbook, package of pencils, and a package of gel pens. "Oh, wow.....Miku-chan...always knows what...I like," he said.

"Here are the ones from me, Gumi, Kiyoteru, and Yuki," explained Luka as she handed Kaito the second plastic bag. He took it from her carefully, smiling his sweet smile that would make anyone happy.

"Thank...you, Luka," Kaito replied. He took out the first package, which was labeled Yuki and Kiyoteru. Enjoy~! Carefully opening it, he took out chibi Nendoroids of every Crypton Vocaloid! "Oh my....How cute!" he exclaimed, blushing slightly. He then took out a second package, labeled From Luka and Gumi. We hope it brings you happiness, Kaito-kun~

"Oh, I remember making these! It was so much fun!" Gumi cried upon seeing it. Kaito opened the package. On top was a beautifully drawn picture of Kaito and Gakupo holding hands and giving the peace sign. Underneath the picture was a brand-new beautiful blue scarf. It was a vivid dark blue that faded to pastel at the bottom, and was absolutely perfect. 

"T-Thank you....Luka and Gumi," he cried, tears of happiness springing into his eyes.

"Don't forget mine!" Gakupo laughed, handing Kaito a wrapped present and a paper bag. Kaito opened the wrapped present first. Inside was a book, the one he had wanted for a long time, I Was Here. He opened the paper bag to reveal a box of chocolates.

"G-Gakupo...Thank you..." he stuttered, blushing. Gakupo smiled at him and started to pick up the wrapping paper that Gumi had gathered on the floor.