Gu Rong was depressed and he shut himself in the room until one day his disease relapsed causing the whole estate to be panic.

The doctor diagnosed that he had a heart disease and this type of illness could not be cured.

The young Gu Rong accidentally heard this in which that sentence deeply etched into his mind since that time on.

No matter what he does, he won't be cured and Zheng Zhi probably leave him because of this too.

Due to this, he had a weak mentality couple with his weak physique his condition didn't improve but getting worse and worse.

However, one day when Zheng Zhi suddenly made his appearance with his parents to the Prince Gu estate, Gu Rong finally broke down due to the news of breaking their engagement.

The adult Zheng Zhi who finally came back with countless achievements and got titled as the youngest General in the history of Great Wu Dynasty didn't care much about who he was going to get married so he even forgot that he had a fiance until he met Xu Huang.

When he got back from the battlefield, his group got ambushed by bandits but thankfully, Xu Huang who happened to finish his business trip and was traveling back to the city helped him.

As for the reason how Xu Huang could save him was only because he had the crown prince's subordinates with him therefore, he could give some assistance.

There's no need to talk about how he got the crown prince's men with him.

Anyway, Zheng Zhi was grateful toward him and got his interest piqued by this brave Ger which seemed to be different from other Gers who seemed weak and docile.

So when he realized that he fell for Xu Huang, he immediately broke his engagement with Gu Rong by persuading his parents and Emperor that Gu Rong could not bore his children due to his weak health.

For this reason Gu Rong got a heart attack and died.

His parents were furious with Zheng Zhi that they demanded the Emperor to serve justice for their son but how could the Emperor lay his hand on Zheng Zhi and Zheng He?

In the end, the Emperor just compensated them with a lot of treasures while reasoning that Zheng Zhi did nothing wrong.

Gu Shang, his mother was saddened by his son's death so he fell ill and not long after he died leaving He Zhuoyan behind.

His beloved son and wife died which drove him mad so he swore to get his revenge for his family and the root of problem was none other than Xu Huang.

But he failed to kill him and in the end he got sentenced to death.

Gu Rong's regrets were:

Dragging his parents down with him.

Hasn't been a filial son to them.

Let those two live happily together.

All in all, as long as Shi Shen lived it would be fine.

Shi Shen lifted his other hand to feel for his pulse.

His pulse was chaotic, unlike the normal pulses. Evidently, he had an arrhythmia which presented since birth.

It was fine if he were to born in the modern era since he could get a heart transplant but this world's technology was not advanced so there was no way to cure him.

However, as long as the patient could maintain a good health habit and not get stirred up too much, he/she could live just like normal people.

Gu Rong has always told himself that he was doomed to die so no matter how much the doctors tried to tell him he just interpreted it as they consoled him and hid the truth.