Tutor! Michelle Jones [Marvel] x Female Reader

~No One's POV~

"What do you mean I'm failing the class?!" You exclaimed as you ran your fingers through your hair frustrated. Your English teacher just told you that you currently had a D this semester and you only had two weeks to boost your grade up to at least a C to pass the class.

"(Y/N), if you don't improve your grades, you'll have to redo your class over the summer or get held back." Your teacher explained. You couldn't do it over the summer because you had to work over the summer. "Please, is there anything I can do to raise my grades?" You pleaded. Your teacher sighed and pointed at you with her pen, "There's a test coming up tomorrow. It's about the book we're currently reading. Pass the test and your grade will go up to a C- at most. If you pass the test and continue to turn in your homework, your grade will go up to a C by the end of the semester."

You should be relieved at this but you're not. The book is about 1000 pages long and you haven't been paying attention in class. You were always asleep or doodling in your notebook and when you had to read at home, you get distracted by your siblings and you start playing video games with them rather than reading.

So you basically haven't even read one chapter of your book. "Is there any other way? The book was really hard to understand and I'm not sure if I completely understand it." You lied, hoping there's another test coming up that could boost your grade.

Unfortunately, she shook her head. "This is the last major test of the semester. And if you're so worried, I'll assign you a tutor after school today." She informed you. "But-" Before you could complain, she cuts you off by picking up the phone and began to dial a number. She spoke to someone over the phone for a minute or so before hanging up.

"Your tutor will meet you in the library in 10 minutes." Your teacher informed. You mentally groaned in frustration. You didn't want some tutor to help you, you were planning to go home and take a nap after school.

You give your teacher a fake smile before leaving her classroom. You angrily stomped to your locker and grabbed your English book. You grumbled and slammed your locker hard before heading to the library. "This is so stupid. I could go home but now I'm stuck with some stuck-up tutor." You muttered.

You arrive at the school library and sat down at an empty table. You decided to get there early so you can get things over with faster. You opened your book and groaned, seeing how thick the book was and how small the words were.

You whined quietly and slammed your head against the book. "You know slamming your head into the book isn't going to make you any smarter." A familiar voice spoke up. You look up to see your classmate, Michelle Jones. She sat behind you in English and she was one of the top students in your class. You two spoke once or twice but that's when one of you was asking for the date or what the homework was.

"Michelle? What are you doing here?" You said, lifting your head. "I'm your tutor." She said and sat down next to you, sliding her backpack off and onto the floor. She pulled out her own book and placed it onto the table. Her book was filled with stick notes and when she opened it, it was filled with highlights and side notes. "What the fuck," You muttered to yourself and looked down to your own book which looked pathetic compared to Michelle's.

"How much have you read?" She asked you. "None," You shrugged and randomly flipped through the pages of the book. Michelle stopped you and flipped it back to page one. "Start reading and tell me what you find significant in chapter one." She ordered you. "But why? It's so useless and it's going to take forever." You complained. She rolled her eyes at you and tapped the book, "That's only because you're taking most of your time complaining. Now read."

You finally follow her orders and began to read the first chapter. You were frustrated, not understanding what was so special about the first chapter. "This is so stupid! There's nothing special about this!" You complained when you finally finished with the chapter. "No, you're just dumb." She said and scooted closer.

You could smell her vanilla shampoo, making you blush a bit before looking at where she was pointing in your book. "Throughout the chapter, what did they keep repeating?" She asked. "I don't know. The sunset?" I guessed. "Yea actually," she replied. "But what makes a stupid sunset so special?" You said. "Well, what is the sun known for?" She asked, looking at you. You blush when the two of you held eye contact, "It's known to be the center of life."

"So what would it mean by sunset? If you use that meaning of the sun?" She asked. "Death? Since the sun, the center of life is going down and letting darkness taking over." You replied. She smiled and pat your back. "See, you got it, kid." She chuckled. You can't help but smile as well and look down embarrassed at her praise.

Both of you continued to study together until the library had to close. You wouldn't admit it but Michelle made your tutoring pretty fun. She would crack small jokes and explained everything thoroughly. Sure you guys didn't finish the entire book but Michelle told you that she received in you.

Because of her words, you found the encouragement to study the entire night rather than mess around with video games. You studied your ass off and went over the notes you took with Michelle. You pulled an all-nighter and went to school, ready for your test.

--------

A couple of days later, you sat impatiently in your seat. You were about to get your test back and you were worried about the score you got. Michelle kept comforting you that you did great but you wouldn't believe her until you saw it with your own eyes.

Ever since the tutoring, Michelle and you spoke more out of class and even planned to hang out over the weekend with two of her friends. Your teacher walked up to you with your test and turned it face down so you couldn't see the front of your test. She walked away without talking and continued to hand out the tests.

You frowned at your teacher's actions and looked down at your paper, afraid to flip it over to see your score. You felt a gentle hand on your arm and you saw Michelle, smiling genuinely at you. "You did great. No matter what, you studied as hard as you could and you did your best." She reminded you. You smiled at her and flipped over your test.

"I got a B+!" You exclaimed and hugged Michelle tightly. She chuckeld and hugged you back. "I told you so. You did amazing (Y/N). I'm so proud of you." She smiled. You pulled away from the hug and proudly grinned at your paper. You were going to pass the semester. You look at your teacher who smiled at you and gave you an approving nod.

"Well, now that you're going to pass the semester. I guess you won't need me to tutor you anymore." Michelle said, nudging your shoulder with hers. You looked down embarrassed before whispering, "Well, I was hoping that you would keep tutoring me. I really enjoy your company."

You glanced up to look at Michelle who was blushing. She looked the other way to hide her blush but you could clearly see how hard she was blushing and how much she was smiling. "Well, since you asked so nicely," She said, facing towards you with a sly smile.

You grinned and hugged her again. She held you in her arms, smiling as well.