Maria Hill [Marvel] x Superhero! Female Reader

~No One's POV~

You hid behind a boulder as the enemy rapidly shot at you. Your left arm was hit by a bullet and now bleeding. Your right arm was looped around Wanda's waist as she slumped over unconscious. She was knocked out during battle and you were able to grab her and get behind this boulder. One of her arms draped around your neck and the other draped at her side. 

"Damn it..." You growled as you heard the enemy's fire keep going. Your escape route was ready but the enemy was preventing you from leaving by repeatedly firing at you. 

Your mission didn't go as well-planned because it turned out to be a trap. They wanted you and Wanda to come so they could try to kill you two, or least capture. 

Your earpiece turned on as the intercom came on. "(Y/N)? Where are you two? What's your status?" You heard Maria say over the intercom. "Well, the plan went like shit. My partner is passed out. There's a shower of bullets trying to shot a thousand holes in my body. So, yea I'm doing peachy!" You snapped at her as you held down the earpiece to speak. You didn't mean to snap at your girlfriend but you were too stressed by the situation. 

"What?! Wait there, (Y/N)! I'm getting you back up!" Maria said, a hint of panic in her voice. You knew that Maria was always a calm and collected person so hearing her panic was something you didn't hear every day. 

"Squadron B! Stop your fire and grab the two!" You heard one of the commanders from the enemy side yell out. You heard some of the firing stops but heavy footsteps were coming your way. You knew that they were going to get you way before help can come. 

You gulped and looked down at your best friend who was passed out. "I'm sorry Wanda." You whispered and put her down gently. You smiled sadly at your best friend before taking off your jacket then placed it over her. "Wake up soon alright? Then get out of here for both of us." You whispered to her.

You get up and pressed on your earpiece to speak, "Maria." "(Y/N), please hold on. Help is on its way." She said. You shook your head and blinked rapidly to hold back the tears. "It's too late Maria. They're sending people over. We won't be able to make it out if I don't do something. I'm not gonna let Wanda die out here because I waited for help." You stated. "(Y/N), please. Just hold on a little longer." She begged, her voice cracking up. 

You sighed and heard the heavy footsteps getting louder. "I love you so much, Maria. I want you to know that. I'm sorry I won't be able to take you on that date I promised." You said, tearing up a bit now. "Don't say these things, you idiot. You're going to make it out of there. The both of you." Her voice trembling. "Maria please, just tell me you love me back," You slightly begged, wanting to hear her say 'I love you' one more time. "I love you (Y/N). I love you so much. Please, make it out of there. For the both of us." She said, her voice finally breaking and you could hear her soft sobs.

You take off your earpiece and placed it in your pocket. You summoned your powers in the palm of your hands and took a deep breath. You charged out of your hiding spot and glared at the enemies. "Come at me, you fuckers." You snarled as you both charged at each other.

------------

Help finally came about half an hour later. You had taken out most of the enemies by yourself already but you were barely standing. Your body was covered in cuts and bruises. You watched as help stormed in and took out the rest of the enemies. You collapsed on the ground from exhaustion and breathed heavily, trying to keep oxygen flowing through your lungs. Your eyelids felt heavy as your breathing made you tired.

You just wanted to sleep. You watched as your vision go blurry and your eyes begin to close.

------------

You woke up on a hospital bed, an oxygen mask on your face, keeping oxygen flowing inside of you. IV tubes stuck into your arm and your body covered in bandages. Your body felt tired but no longer in pain. You sighed and leaned your head back more in the pillow.

You heard the door open and close softly. You look over to see Maria. Her face was washed with relief as she ran over to you and took your uninjured hand. "You finally woke up." She said, her eyes filled with tears of joy. She brought your hand to her lips and kissed your knuckles. 

You smile weakly and she sat down next to the bed and looked up at you. You saw how tired she looked and how stressed she was. You frowned and brought your hand up to her cheek and rubbed her cheek with your thumb. She sighed and leaned against your hand. "I'm sorry if I made you stressed baby," You whisper softly. "It's okay... I'm just glad you're okay now." She said softly and closed her eyes, enjoying your touch.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to get you help in time," she said. "It's okay Maria. I'm okay now." You comforted. You both enjoyed each other's presence before Maria yawned. "Are you tired? You should go home and get some rest." You told her. She shook her head and squeezed your hand more, "I don't want to leave you." 

You smiled and squeezed her hand back. "The hospital bed is pretty big and there's a bit of space next to me." You said. "Are you sure? I don't wanna hurt you on accident." She said with concern. "Yes, I'm sure. Now come here. I want you next to me." You said with a smile. She smiled back and gets on the bed. She laid down next to you and snuggled closer but made sure she didn't hurt you. 

You smile and signaled her to lay her head on an uninjured part of your collarbone. She laid her head on your collarbone and finally relaxes. You both felt each others' warmth and eventually fell asleep with content.