Sleeping Habits

I stay by his side for the entire time, watching with a pillow tucked underneath my chin and sitting cross legged on the large bed. His words echo in my head for a long time- making me wonder the meaning behind it. 

Do you have any idea how scared I was?

But you don't get scared, ever. You've never shown fear to anything.

I rest my head on the pillow as I arrange his brown locks, confident he won't wake up anytime soon. If he found me playing with his hair, then he'd probably have me in a choke hold before I could even say his name, which is literally one letter.

As I silently observe, I notice that V has sleeping habits- a lot of them. And they are so opposite to his usual cold, icy self I want to laugh.

I list the ones I've seen neatly in my head, storing them away carefully in the back of my mind.

One, V needs to hug something when he sleeps to fall asleep. Two, he mumbles in his sleep about battle plans. Three, he straight up sleep talks about how to kill a person with all different kinds of weaponry. Four, he cuddles with whatever he can reach with his arms.

As I listen to him lecturing me about how to best take care of a person if the person has a gun and you don't, he suddenly stops, and I jerk up.

His eyes are open.

V buries his face into the pillow he's been straight up cuddling with for ten hours. I hide behind mine, hoping he didn't see me yet.

He didn't notice me. Not yet.

V lets out a low, raspy groan as he sits up drowsily, running his fingers through his messy black locks. One of his eyes are half-closed, which I find adorable against my will. Then as his eyes scan lazily around the infirmary, his gaze stops at me.

His eyes widen immediately, and he leaps out of the bed so quickly I'm wondering how his feet didn't get tangled in the sheets. "Kir..?" His voice is velvety as silk, low and deep. The mere sound of him sends shivers flying across my body.

V stares blankly at me for a second, apparently trying to figure out where he was, why I was here, and why he was sleeping in the infirmary.

I smile when it all hits him. This was just too funny for me to take. Realization dawns in his eyes, and he looks annoyingly at me. "Did you seriously stick a tranq in me?" I nod, still smiling widely like an idiot.
V sighs back and asks curiously, "How long was I out?"

"Ten hours."

"What?" I snicker at his shocked expression. He can't seem to control his emotions lately. "Yup. Ten hours of peaceful, worry-free sleep. Did you rest well?" I smile at him knowingly, and he bites his lip again, a faint red coloring his face. He knows his sleeping habits, and I've seen all of them. When his fingers threaten to rip though the pillow, I say apologetically. "If it makes you feel better, I cuddle things in my sleep too." The minute I say that, his face flushes deeper.

I should really think before I speak.

"Kir, if you didn't just have a life threatening trauma just eleven hours ago, I'd have you run to the top of the Sierra Mountains and back for your behavior."

I smile back at him, tilting my head playfully on top of my pillow.

"But I know you won't do that."