Perfection

I cringe at the information that I am not allowed, under any circumstances, to visit my mother. The moment I heard that, regret was the first thing I felt. All I had gotten from her was her faint silhouette as she turned to prepare dinner for me.

Dinner that she would eat alone, and now forever.

I sink to the ground, not being able to handle the thought with tranquility. Ever since her father's accident, I'd been the only one keeping her still sane. I'd been the one who had been the reason for her to keep moving on.

And now I'd left her as well.

"Who's slacking off over there?!" A roar cuts through my thoughts, and with a sarcastic sigh, I hurl the knife towards the target.

It hits dead center of the red and white target, just a plain reflection of all my knives following after that.

I clear my number of knives long before everyone else. Absolutely pathetic. Some of them are still struggling how to even hold a knife right, for Pete's sake.

The overseer looks stupidly at my rows and rows of knives- filling the center of the target with glittering blades. I feel a bit of satisfaction at the sight of his dumbfounded face.

Exactly. I don't belong in this first grade class of yours.

All day, the trainees struggle through activities I ace in minutes. By the end of the day, I'm starting to think the League of Assassins is just a club filled with a bunch of kids that doesn't even know how to technically read.

Later, I discover how wrong I am.