Lonely War

*I do not own One Piece or plots. Although some of the lines and scenes from the Marineford Arc will be used. Everything else is changed by me for Fanfiction purposes. Please enjoy :)*

3months

Aokiji has allowed you to freely walk around your cell room he has stopped freezing you for fear that someday you might actually come out not the same. Your execution date is already set so you can't die early.
Christina Perri - The lonely

“The silent sound of loneliness wants to follow me to bed. I'm a ghost of a girl that I want to be the most! I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well! Dancing slowly in an empty room!”

Your opera like voice echoes through the silence of the rooms from where prisoners stay hearing the voice. Crocodile rises up hearing your voice, touching the bars he listens to the frictions telling him that you are below him.

“Can the lonely take the place of you?” Crocodile sings back and you hear his voice.

You sing back to hear the voice responding back.

“I sing myself a quiet lullaby!”

“Let you go and let the lonely in to take my heart again.” That masculine voice you recognize it but from who? Who else could know the song?

“Too afraid to go inside for the pain of one more loveless night!”

Crocodile listens to your voice covering his face remembering how you two used to be lovers the world was gold the world was silver the world, the world was you, you were his world.

But these words that you sing these words he sings back to you this song isn't for him this song is for your husband. Crocodile split you in half from your family he was the real reason why you couldn't love your husband or son.

His guilt now follows him this cell is what he deserves this empty cell of just himself is what describes the roughness of his mind. Yes he now has title of Warlord but he has done so much damage to you he couldn't let you suffer in prison alone.

Breathing in deeply he responds back. “For the loneliness will stay with me and hold me till I fall asleep! I am the ghost of a man that I want to be the most! I am the shell of a man that I used to know well!”

A smile forms across your face hearing the man singing back. The prisoners keep quiet but even they are curious on who these two strangers are, Aokiji was just patrolling the halls when he heard your voice and the man's.

Before you can sing back a much more deeper masculine flawless voice sings back but this voice you know exactly who it is you know exactly who is singing. “Broken pieces of a barely breathing story! Where there once was love! Now there's only me! And the lonely!”

A wide smile appears as you feel it in your chest the connection of who it is at the same time you release the air from your lungs you both sync together. “Dancing slowly in an empty room! Can the lonely take the place of you! I sing myself a quiet lullaby! Let you go and let the lonely in!”

Your voices lower with more feeling.

“Tooo take myyy heaaart again….”

Crocodiles eyes widen as he disappears into the shadow of his cell that voice, that voice he fears. How the hell did he break into the marines!? Is he here to break you free?! How long has he been here?! Crocodile looks through the darkness behind the bars of the cell he can hear his own heart beat though he mentally feels calm the fear coursing through his bones.