Answer

There was a lot of cleaning up after the battle.

The medics on the ship tried their best till Law could find them. So many questioned on what happened spread the ship. One minute they were running the next they all woke up finding blood and ashes of gold.

The only one who knew the truth was Kid. They asked him what had happened while they were attending his wounds but he just kept his head down.

Just like how he has it right now while he sat by the side of your bed listening to you breath through your mouth.

They wrapped your eyes, half of your chest, abdomen and part of your thighs as well. They attended the worst wounds leaving the rest for Laws expertise on.

The crew wouldn't understand what he saw. That thing, that smile, those golden eyes, bloody teeth, golden nails, blue skin.

That scaled skinned cold blooded dragon wasn't you. Reaching over he slides the back of his finger across your cheek. The feeling of your cheek so different from what he held held in his palms.

You weren't going to let them take him away you lost yourself to rage so you could have the strength to protect him.

While all he could do was watch the unbelievable dragon hybrid you became. The blood hurtling scream of yours haunt him.

The struggle between you and your rage when the realization came upon you.  The realization pulled you back to yourself just when you realized what you did to him.

The pain you screamed out. Though he suffered physically from what you did to him you seemed to be the one who was more in torment. You hurt the one thing you love and fought to protect.

“Woman..” he says softly hoping for a physical reaction a reaction he received by you moving your head to his direction.

Kids mouth lingers for the words, the words exist in his tongue but there is no demand on saying it.

Wrapping your fingers around his arm he shakes from fear the fear you put onto him when you held onto his arms.

His sudden jerk made you freeze forcing you to hold your breath. Out of this entire world you never wanted him to fear you. “Are you okay?” You ask releasing his arm but the tone on your voice indicated that you were hurt by his action of fear.

“Yes…” Kid responds looking away, he let his fear get the better of him. Perhaps Crocodile was right, he's not a man yet just a boy.

Reaching out you feel the patches on his side they trace down to his shoulder. “Your patched up…” you swallow hoping it's not you who caused him damage.

“Stop touching me woman.” Kid grabs hold of your hand setting it back down. “Sleep, Law should arrive at any time.”

Kids hand lingers in yours for sometime till he feels your fingers close on his hand. Looking over to you he sees your weak smile to comfort him. “You should rest as well.”

Kid shakes his head holding your hand tightly grinding his teeth together looking down at the floor.

“I'm fine woman!” Frowning you can hear him tearing up. His fingers leave yours but he remains in bed.

His hand sliding on the scars across his chest that traced to his missing arm. Raising his head up taking a deep breath controlling his emotions the tears stream on the scars on his face.

--

The sounds of Kid working on things with his one good hand filled your quiet room till Law finally spoke.