CHAPTER FIVE: What Happened?

Hermione led the two other boys to the very back of the library which very few other students visited since the only books that lined the walls were either crumbling when moved or about nothing important. It was perfect.

She grabbed one of the old comfy chairs and pulled it further to the back, Harry and Ron followed her lead. They all sat in a sort of triangle, facing each other. Hermione took out a small piece of paper ripped from one of her textbooks that she had hurriedly scrawled down what the strange red headed girl had said in that creepy voice and scanned it over quickly.

Once she was certain there was no mistakes in what she had written, she leaned back into the chair and looked up at the others for answers.

"Who was that girl? How come it looked like that Will boy knew her?" Harry thought aloud while Hermione read silently and Ron pulled out a packet of what he assumed to be Wizard-sweets.

"Professor Trelawney introduced her as the youngest living Oracle from America, the same place the exchange students are from. You should really listen more, then I wouldn't have to explain simple things as much," Hermione rolled her eyes at her friends stupidity as she finished the page "And from what I can tell she gave a prophecy out, to who i have no idea. Knowing our luck it's probably for you Harry."

"What does it say again?" Ron asked between stuffing his face with Chocolate Frogs while leaving the wrappers near his chair.

She cleared her throat and read it out loud "Children of Dark and Light arise, Under the Crones magical disguise, Slay the beasts who hide past the trees, Finish their quest without higher expertise, Protect the three, they'll save the rest, Beware all the skeptical tests, Save the world against all odds, However, steer clear of the dark lord fraud."

"So," Ron sat up and leaned forward with his arms resting on his knees "People around our age are here in disguise, have a quest they need to complete on their own to protect three people who'll save everyone else and need to stay away from who I'm guessing is You-Know-Who."

"Ron. You just said something that is actually smart. How?" She looked at Ron in disbelief and almost dropped the book in surprise. Ron saying something even slightly smart was as common as a leprechaun riding a flying bathtub wielding a threatening baby spoon bursting into Hogwarts. Then again, that sounded exactly like a prank the Weasley twins would come up with.

"I'm not just a pretty face," He smirked at her, even more so when she face palmed at what he'd said "All I want to know is who the prophecy is for as, I don't know about you, but I'd quite like to have a break from people trying to kill us. Especially since Sirius Black is on the run to kill Harry."

"Don't remind me." Harry groaned, slumping down into his chair and pouting like a child.

"I don't think it could be about us, it said that the 'Children of Dark and Light arise' and that's definitely not us. Does it mean a Death Eater joins someone from around here?" Hermione tried to make sense of the starting line to the prophecy but even she knew she was reaching.

"I doubt it. Does anyone else find it weird the year we get exchange students is the year a stranger turns up and announces a prophecy out of the blue?" Harry pondered, surely it couldn't just be a coincidence that those two events would overlap.

"I suppose you might be right but we can't just go around suspecting everyone we meet or we'll see everyone as a Snape." Hermione scolded him and turned to glare at Ron who was, at the time, burping loudly.

"Listen, it's time for Care from Magical Creatures and I'm certain you'll want to see Hagrid again." Hermione smiled to herself as the other two jumped up excitedly and together they headed towards the hut just outside the Forbidden Forest.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Hagrid grinned at the crowd of students happily talking among their selves until he spotted two unfamiliar faces at the back who were whispering to each other, completely ignoring all the glances sent their way. He couldn't tell what they were saying from reading their lips since whatever it was certainly wasn't English or any other language he could recognize, not that he knew many.

After about ten minutes, once the students managed to open their monster-books, a tall blonde freckled boy with a healthy tan jogged towards them, not even breaking a sweat. He beamed towards the half-giant and handed him a note from Madam Pomfrey explaining the kids absence. When Hagrid told the boy he was not in any trouble, he watched as he went to join the strange duo who seemed to of inched closer to the shadows.

In the end Hagrid shrugged off the suspicious feeling and continued with his lesson, ignoring Draco Malfoys sneers sent his way.

By Merlin, he knew nothing good was going to happen to the little prat if he continued to act like that.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 12/07/2019]

I'm honestly so surprised I've managed to stick to my schedule, normally I'm terrible with this sort of thing.

The art at the top is mine, just a sketch from a few days ago to replace the old terrible art that was there. Hopefully the rest of my art will be a higher quality and I might even replace this one.

What are your predictions for the book? What do you think will happen next? Leave a comment to let me know!

I visited the world of Harry Potter yesterday so I'll be making a few changes to make the layout and books more accurate to how they were shown in the films. Nothing obvious though.

My laptop is also still being fixed so sorry for any mistakes, the keyboard on my home PC is really stiff and some of the keys are switched/don't work. I tried my best, though.

I'll see you all next Friday!

(Also thank you for 70+ reads!)