Neverland

Chapter 4

I lied in my bed, so many questions in my head I didn't know what to do. I just lied there, and took it all in. I was Lost. She understood how I was feeling, but if she did how could she do this to me? Leave me like this! What was I supposed to believe in, I could never believe in myself. Im a mistake to this cruel world.

I fiddled with my locket, the only thing keeping me from insanity. I held onto it tighter, feeling its cold metal leave chilled kisses on my body. It is the only thing that I have from my real parents. 

I still don't understand why they would leave me all alone and lost. Why?  Why would they do this to me? Deep in thought thinking about a life I could never have, one where I was happy, I fell asleep.

The next day was torture. Barry told me to do so many jobs that my brain was going to explode. I was to clean all the rooms, organize the cupboards, feed all the animals, change the lightbulbs, dust the trophy chest with his army metals, repair the broken stairs, and cook a full course meal. Making his full dinner, consisting of steak, potatos, roasted vegetables, and a fresh oven roll, I minded myself as. I finished preparing his dinner, making my way quickly out to the dining room where he waited with a glass of whiskey, grumbling as I set his plate down. He stared at it and huffed, picking up his fork and taking a small bite out of his vegetables, chewing. His face quickly scrunched up in disgust, and he turned his head quickly towards me. 

"I told you I DONT LIKE BEANS YOU FILTHY BITCH!" I gasped and held my breathe, seeing his hand lift up and smack me across the face, feeling the burn of his rough callosed skin hit mine. I turned my head away quickly, feeling the blood drip from my cheek, where there was an open cut exposed. I grabbed his plate and ran to the kitchen, picking out all of the beans and making sure to serve him the proper foods this time. I returned into the dining room and set his plate down in front of him, as he looked at it and nodded, 

"Go to your room young lady. Your to eat no dinner as your punishment." He began to eat and shooed me away.

I ran into my room and collapsed onto my bed, tears beginning to fall onto my face. They burned my cheek as they ran down. I fiddled with my locket, holding back my screams of terror and quietly crying my heart out. Why did this have to be my life? I didnt want it to be like this anymore. I stood up with tears in my eyes, and went over to the vanity, sitting down and looking at myself in the mirror. I looked disgusting. I had a big bruise over my cheek, stretching up and into my eye, leaving a purple hue in the place of my golden skin. There was a cut running across my cheek to my lip, from his ring puncturing my skin. I let my tears fall as I touched my cheek, sobbing as I felt the pain of the light touch. I cried and cried until they slowed down to a quiet sob. I wiped my eyes and stood up, walking over to the books and grabbing the book I found on the floor the night before, and opened it. I turned to the hidden pages of the book and found the letter written to me. I read it over and over and over until I couldnt read no more. I missed you mother. Why did you have to let me go. I thought about what to do and I sighed. I need to get out of here. I ran around my room, packing everything up into the little backpack and set it on my bed. I sighed and I went to the window and sat on the ground in front of it, staring out at the stars above. I felt more tears escape as I stared into the empty darkness, letting the moonlight shine over my face. 

"What am I to believe in mother!" I screamed at the empty air, banging my fist against my knee. 

" What! I'm just supposed to say I believe and I'll be all better! Will saying I believe make this bruise on my face go away too!" I huffed and more tears fell.

"I believe, I believe!" I sat there and stared at the stars.

"See MOTHER! IT DOES WORK THAT WAY! The world is a fucked up place and Ill always be its bitch. Believing is a load of shit.. just like you." I stared down at my hands and let out a sob, looking out at the world above and wishing my life could be more than what it was now, wishing I could be far away from here as possible. My face was turning red and I was sad, so sad that anger started to consume me. I perked my head up as I heard a hissing sound. I stood up and looked out the window, seeing a black mass coming super fast towards my window. I gasped and covered my eyes as the window shattered, glass shooting out each and every way. I could feel the beautiful breeze, crawling across my skin. I opened my eyes and looked up, seeing a dark creature just standing there, floating a foot above the wooden floor. I started to step back and fell to the floor on my butt, in horror and shock. It started to come closer, and as it crept closer I heard its whispers. I crawled backwards and screamed, trying to get away from it, but there was nowhere to go. There was only one thing I heard before he grabbed onto me and started to pull 

"NeverLand"