Chapter Six

It was ten minutes to six when Matt rang her doorbell. Immediately the sound made her jump and caused her nerves to rattle at the same time. Nervous because, though her two over stuffed bags were packed, she couldn't help but wonder if she was forgetting something. The second bell rang and Nora quickly pulled her bags near the door and grabbed her leather jacket from the coat rack and her keys. Nora took one last glance around her apartment hoping that whatever she thought she was forgetting would come to mind after just one quick look. After the third ring, she finally buzzed him in without asking who it is through the intercom. When Matt knocked on her door, Nora was wrapping her cheetah print scarf around her neck.

Nora opened the door to see Matt standing tall and masculine as always wearing a grey sweat suit, sneakers, and a leather jacket; an attire she hadn't had the privilege of seeing him in until now. Before he could gaze into hers, his eyes were on her bags behind her. He smiled and said, "I guess this is a yes?"

Without any warning, Matt grabbed Nora by one hand and pulled her close to him out into the hallway. He wrapped his arms around her waist and stared deep into her eyes before kissing her softly yet slowly, taking his time to let it sink deep into her soul. She felt it. She felt it in her mouth, in her gut and on her skin as the goose bumps peeked on its surface raising the hairs on the back of her neck and arms. She tasted of sweet peppermint just as he remembered. He tasted every last drop of it as he released his kiss, slowly sucked on her bottom lip and pulled away from it with the lock of his teeth. He wanted more. "Good morning."

Nora slowly opened her eyes and couldn't believe it was over. She didn't want him to stop. She wanted more. "Morning."

"We should get going huh?"

Nora smiled. "We should."

Matt cleared his throat and pushed open the door and grabbed her bags. "I'm sure hoping you didn't forget anything?" He was being sarcastic.

Nora grabbed her purse and key from the couch and said, "Likewise." As she was closing the door behind her Nora examined her bunch of keys and immediately realized that she forgot to leave the key for the store's safe with Kristin or Neil. "Shoot! I did forget something." Matt stopped in his trail by the staircase and placed her bags on the floor. "I just need to take care of this one thing. Can I meet you in the car?"

"Sure." Matt carried Nora's bags down the flight of stairs and placed them in the trunk of his BMW.

As Nora was dialing calling her store, she realized after the fifth ring how early it was and that no one's there because they opened at nine so called Neil's cell. "Neil, listen I forgot to leave the key for the safe. Just in case you guys need extra cash for the registers you can go in and take the money out. Do you still have the spare key to my place?"

"Yeah I have it."

"I'll leave it on the kitchen counter." Nora wrote a note and placed it on her counter with the key to the safe.

On the plane, Nora seemed a bit distracted and Matt noticed it. "Having second thoughts?" With the look on her face he assumed she might have been regretting ever agreeing to go along with him. And he was right. He was so right that Nora's heart was beating so fast that it was bound to beat right out of her chest and onto her carry-on. Nora was about two minutes away from getting up and storming off the plane to forget all about Matt and forget all of what Melanie revealed to her about him.

At that moment Nora was ready to say screw this and put their mysterious encounter behind her and move on, but she couldn't do that just yet; not with the way he was staring at her. Matt had this worried look on his face as if it bothered him that something bothering her. And just like that, she was right under his spell again. Nora was then able to control her breathing and become more relaxed since his dark fiery eyes told her not to worry. He was so smooth with it that he didn't even realize what he was doing to her.