Chapter Three

Just when Nora was beginning to give up on Matt, her phone rang and it was him.

"I was beginning to think you've forgotten about me."

"A beautiful woman like you, how can I forget?" Matt answered rhetorically.

Nora laughed. "Then what took you so long?"

"Well if you must know, I was thinking about that kiss the other night and how-"

She butted in. "Uh huh." She couldn't wait to hear him talk about how he would've made love to her. How he was going to touch her, kiss her, hold her between those soft silk sheets on her queen-sized bed.

"How close we came to heading upstairs and..." he stopped. He had to stop before he lost control. "I understand you want to take things slow."

Not exactly what she wanted to hear, but women aren't known to make the first move. "No, I just thought a girl shouldn't be too easy on the first date. But on a second or third date, anything could happen."

"I suppose anything could happen on a second date. So how about it? Dinner, at my place tonight."

Having a man cook for her is a turn on for Nora. "Sounds good."

"I'll see you then."

Nora took a trip to the lingerie store that afternoon and brought a black floral print lace low-rise cheeky panties with the matching strapless bra. Once at home, Nora took from out of her closet the little black dress she was going to wear for the evening. It was a mid-thigh length, droopy cowl neck, spaghetti strapped and scoop backed with a center back tie. She decided to take a nice long bath which would help soothe and relax the tension that took over her body. Two candles were lit and placed around the rim of the bathtub. After pouring herself a glass of wine, Nora took a few sips then placed the glass onto the floor. She allowed the muscles in her arms to relax as they hung over the edge of the tub. Nora then finally sunk her body a bit deeper into the water, tilted her head back and closed her eyes. At ease.

Slipping on her dress, Nora realized that the dress she was wearing didn't require her to wear a bra, but she still slipped on the new panties she had brought. She didn't care too much about makeup, so she put on a little eyeliner, a light gloss on her lips and wore her hair wet and wavy in a tight bun. Since she was going to be Matt's house guest for the evening, Nora grabbed a bottle of wine from the kitchen and was out the door.

Matt lived in a penthouse on the top floor of a twenty-five-story apartment building in Manhattan. Nora walked in through the front double doors where the guard at the front desk then escorted her to the elevator and pressed the button that read, PH. The elevator door opened up into Matt's luxurious, spacious yet intimate penthouse apartment. He had a view of the city from both the kitchen and from the living room where she could see. Mahogany hardwood floors, clean new furniture and a flight of stairs in the middle of the living room which probably lead to five more rooms, she guessed.

Hearing the sound of her heels hitting the floor as she walked towards him in the kitchen, Matt turned around to face her holding a glass of wine in his hand. After handing her the glass, Matt leaned in towards Nora's face and gave her a light kiss on her lips. As his lips left hers, she felt that warm chill he gave her body once before. Lord, give me strength, she thought. Nora couldn't help herself; she wanted to take him right there on top of his garnet kitchen counter. Her heart began pounding; she couldn't speak, and just couldn't get the thought of him and her taking each other on the middle of the floor. Nora stared at the silk shirt he was wearing with the top button open revealing a small section of his tanned chest. Her eyes wandered from his shirt down to his fitted black pants, back up past his neck to his neatly shaved face, to his neatly combed hair finally landing into his seductive brown eyes. He stared back into her eyes as if he knew exactly what she was thinking. She wanted him bad and he knew it, because he wanted her too.