Chapter 27 The Disco

Josh's POV

I spend way too much time deciding what to wear. I have chucked my clothes all over my bed and my friends have judged me for this. But I'm doing this for Taliah. I did plan to ask her out but I backed out because I got nervous.

I finally decide to wear red vans, jeans and an average black top. Tay never liked it when I dressed up anyway.

"You asked anyone yet?" Caspar asks me. He's wearing much nicer clothes than me. He always was the fashionista- even if we're guys.

"I was thinking of asking someone." I reply as I start to crunch and throw my clothes back away into my suitcase bag thingy.

There is an awkward pause before Caspar speaks again.

"I might ask Logan." He says silently. I smile at him then pat his back, shake my head and slowly walk towards the hall.

Not long after I exit my cabin and the cold wind starts to make me shiver, Jai, Caspar and Nick come out of the door.

They are laughing and talking, having a fun time while I stray ahead, thinking about how I should ask Taliah.

\(;)•o•)/\(•~•(;)/

"Hello year seven students! Welcome to our diiisscoooo! There are some drinks over to my right and some nice snacks are on the table over there at the back. You can also request a song. Enjoy!" After the camp leader finished talking, Call Me Maybe starts to blast in the room. I absolutely hate this song. I hate it with a passion. I remember that Tay hates it so I try to find her. I head straight to the snacks table and as expected, Tay stands there enjoying chips.

"Hey!" I yell, loud enough for her to hear over the music.

"Hi." She says. She sounds pissed at me.

"W-Wanna-Ummm, Wanna dance?" I say say. I'm so nervous. But it's like pulling off a band-aid, gotta get over it.

"Yeah!" She says enthusiastically. I'm surprised by her reaction.

I lead her to the dance floor and I know that we absolutely cannot dance to this excuse of a song so I hold up my index finger as to say wait a moment.

I navigate through the huge crowd and request a song when I reach the DJ. He nods and I make my way back to Tay, who's standing confused. I smile at her. We wait until the song comes on and she smiles like crazy because it's her favourite song, Shower.

We dance nonstop for the next three songs after that and we are both having a great time until Veronica comes and ruins it.

.o0O0o.o0O0o.o0O0o.

I have not much against Call Me Maybe. But I really don't like the song.

Katie🍉

Stay Sassy👅