Dark Side 21

My mind was a mess when I realized who Aga's friend is.  Since when did he and my sister knew each other?  Is this the reason why he's been so helpful since the beginning?  Does he know me all along?  All these questions filled my head as I glared at Aga who's still holding me by the arm.

I harshly pulled my arm out of his hold and tried to compose myself.  My attention travelled back to Dawn.  Despite having my tears, I tried to maintain a straight face as I remained on my spot when she stood up and went for me.

"Lei."  She called softly.  Tears also filled her eyes while she held my face. I was unmoved.  Is this really happening?  Why now?

"Lei, ang tagal ko 'tong hinintay.  I'm so sorry, Lei.  I'm so sorry."  She cried and attempted to embrace me but I shove her hand and gave her a another glare which then turned to Aga.

"What is this, Aga?"  I chuckled in disbelief.  "Anong sinasabi nya?"

"Lea, I thought you wanted to fix things with your family so I called her to meet you."  He reasoned, almost as if he didn't know what he did wrong.  Unbelievable!

"I accepted your help but it doesn't give you the permission to interfere with my decisions!"  I almost screamed at him in anger.

My sister tried to calm me down by holding my hand but I avoided her.

"Wag kang makialam dito!"  I stepped backwards, giving both of them an accusing look.

"Lei, please.  It's all my fault.  It was me who asked for Aga's help."

Dawn started to explain but I can't understand anything because I suddenly felt my head hurting.

"Lea, what's wrong?"  Aga came to my side.  I avoided him but my head aches and it was too much to bear.  Everything was spinning that I almost tripped.

"Don't touch me–"  I said but Aga insisted on holding me.

"Wag matigas ang ulo, Lea."

I wanted to argue but the pain makes me unable to, so I followed his lead towards the table.

After a while, I was able to recover and face these two.  I moved my eyes from Aga to Dawn who were both sitting across me.  I huffed and crossed my arms.  Irritated is an understatement if I'll be asked to describe how I feel about our current situation.  I felt like these two worked together against me.

Aga stood up and excused himself.  "I'll let the two of you talk.  I'll just stay outside."

I tapped the table harshly.

"Bakit ka aalis?  You're part of this diba?  You should stay.  Though I'm sure you already know what we're going to talk about."  I said hinting my dismay.

"Lei, he doesn't know anything.  All he knows is that we're sisters–"

I cut her off and continued.  "–and that we are not okay.  What else?  Sabihin nyo na ngayon what else should I know para naman hindi ako nagmumukhang tanga!"

Aga remained standing looking like he doesn't know what to do.  I squinted at him then my eyes slowly travelled to the chair as I ordered for him to sit back.  I know I'm acting insolent but how will I react rationally?!  He can't expect me do that especially now.

Aga looked at Dawn who smiled apologetically at him.  After thinking for some more seconds, he hesitantly sat down.

"Lei, Aga just wanted to help and I'm solely responsible for this."  Dawn started explaining.

I poked my inner cheeks before letting out a huff.  "Ah talaga?!  Good for him then, should I be thankful?  I'm sorry ah, but I can't force myself to be."