Dark Side 18

"Uhm, waiter! Can I have another glass of this please?"

I asked the waiter, ignoring the look of concern on his face.  This has been my second glass of water since I came about half an hour ago.  I'm sure he's thinking that I have been ditched by my date.  However, this isn't a date!  I'll only be meeting Sir Aga to say my farewell but the thought of having to meet with him makes me restless.

"Ma'am, would you like to have anything else?"  The waiter asked.  I didn't even notice him coming.

"What?.. I'm sorry.. Uhm.. what do you suggest?"

He handed me their menu then discussed its contents.  After that, he told me to just call him if I already have my order.  He smiled like any other staff would do and I smiled back.

I was about to turn into the menu when I caught a glimpse of Rob's displeased face.  He's being jealous again.

I blew a sigh.  The waiting time is stressful enough and what makes it worse is the fact that Rob is just at the far corner, watching me.

Just to be fair, Sir Aga isn't late.  I'm just too early because Rob needs to attend a meeting in the afternoon.  He allowed me meet with his brother but it was after a long dreadful negotiation.  Of course he was hesitant on agreeing to my request, I only managed to make him say yes on the condition that he would be there when I meet his brother.  The fact that he's around while I talk to Sir Aga add up to my worry but I guess this is better than not having the chance to talk to him.

I truly mean it when I said that I need to end whatever connection it is that I have with Sir Aga.  I'm thinking that if I'm planning to leave everything behind and start anew, I would have to cut my ties with Sir Aga as well.  Although I've known him not long enough, I admit that he's has made a lasting impression on me.  He's been a very good friend even at times that I didn't ask for.

I remember when I called him yesterday.  It only took a single ring before he picked up.  I suddenly felt bad hearing his worried voice from the line.  He was saying how troubled he was when he cannot reach me for the past two weeks.  I cut him off saying I wanted to meet and he sounded delighted while I could only feel sorry towards him.  Although I'm very thankful, I don't deserve the care he's showing me.

I stood up as soon as I saw Sir Aga walking towards my table.

"It's been a while Lea.  Akala ko hindi ka na tatawag."  He said and kissed me on the cheeks.

I was surprised and a bit worried.  I saw how Rob reacted and it wasn't good.

"Akala ko din."  I forced a smile.

I offered for us to sit down.  Sir Aga kept his eyes on me which makes me uncomfortable.

"I haven't seen you for a long time, did something change?"  He asked.

"What changed?"  Did I gain weight?  Was it showing already?  What does he mean by change?

"Naninibago lang siguro ako sa suot mo.  You seem so covered-up."  He even took notice of how I was dressed.

I purposely wore a long sleeve shirt to hide the bruises I got from yesterday.

"For a change Sir.  Hindi po ba bagay?"

"Wala naman yatang hindi bagay sa'yo Lea."

I don't know if I was blushing at his remark but I know it has to stop.  So instead of entertaining the compliment, I just asked.  "What will you have Sir?  Today, it's my treat."

"Really?  Well then, I guess I should order the best that they got here?"  He said and smiled.

He made this meeting so light for me.  If it wasn't for Rob watching, I would have truly enjoyed Sir Aga's company.  He was talking about random stuff, about the company, about himself and just about anything.  He wasn't asking about the message I supposedly sent him or the reason of why I wanted to meet.  However, I took notice that whenever I try to change the topic, he would swiftly brush it off.