Dark Side 15

Lea's POV:

I woke up abruptly from my sleep having a heavy heart.  I just had a nightmare but I couldn't remember a thing about it.  I was trying to recall what I could when I heard noise coming from the kitchen.  Rob was busy cooking and just like the  last time he tried to cook, the place looked like a mess.  Seeing him right now makes me want to smile but it made me cry instead.  I wasn't supposed to feel touched by his efforts but sadly, I was.  He was not used to taking care of others, he isn't the type to make efforts but I can always see that he is trying.

I wiped my tears and sat up.  He turned to me in surprise.

"Honey, you're awake."

He left his cooking and went to me.  He placed his hand on my forehead and smiled.

"You seem fine.  Ang galing ng doctor mo diba honey?"  He said and sat beside me.

I let out a sarcastic laugh.  He was at it again.  Acting as if nothing is wrong when in fact, he did this to me.

I replied nonchalantly.  "Akala ko ba aalis ka?  Bakit nandito ka pa?"

"Honey naman."  He cooed.  "I'll try to get back by tomorrow.  Wag ka na magtampo."

He hugged me by the waist and rest his chin over my shoulders but I wriggled away from his embrace.

"Rob!  Am I hearing you correctly?!  Nababaliw ka na ba?!"  I said to his face.

"Honey, galit ka pa rin ba talaga?"

"Baliw ka na Rob!  Umalis ka nalang pwede ba?!"

He sighed and instead of answering, he went back to the kitchen.  I laid on the bed and covered myself with the comforter.

Few minutes later he called me again but I didn't move to face him.

"Honey I left some soup on the table.  Kainin mo na bago lumamig.  I don't want you to get sick again.  It won't be good if.."

He suddenly stopped.  I felt like he wanted to say something else but decided not to. 

"I'll be back tomorrow, honey.  I promise."

Narrator's POV:

It was early in the morning and Aga haven't slept yet.  He read Lea's message many times already.  He couldn't think of any other reason why she will refuse to see him, it must be entirely his fault.

"Stupid, stupid!"  He cursed at himself.  He felt like he rushed everything and that made her uncomfortable.

He tried to call Lea few times and he failed in every attempt.  Her phone was turned off but he was still hoping to reach her.  He was about to make another call when he heard a soft knock on his door.

"Aga anak, are you awake?"

"Yes Ma.  Bukas po yan."  He sat up on his bed.

His mother slowly opened the door.  She was holding a small paper bag.

"Anak, can you bring this to Rob?  Naiwan nya kagabi nung umalis sya."

"Sige Ma.  I'll just prepare and I'll head over to his place."

Rob was set to fly to Cebu before lunch and their mother is sure that he will catch up on Rob at his condo unit.

Aga was at the lift going to Rob's unit after dropping by on his own.  He remember he used to bump into Lea near this place and he prayed for another chance of that moment.

The elevator reached Rob's floor and made his way.  He was humming to himself  but stopped when he saw Rob came out from the room across his own.   He frowned and recalled if he remembers the right unit.  He was sure, Rob's was the one across.