"I promise," he blurted out his lie. This was a public park, without a doubt, the owner wouldn't allow him to bury someone here. Angela smiles, not knowing it was a lie and rests her head against his shoulder. He didn't want to doubt her, but he felt like something was definitely off. His gut was telling him something was wrong and he couldn't just push that thought away. But he soon listens to his brain and just trust Angela. He knew if there was something wrong she would tell him immediately.

Right...?

Time flew past them in a flash, it was starting to get gloomy and the sun was already setting. Despite Jungkook's petition to stay a little longer, Angela takes initiative and decided to call it a day. She then pulls out a sheet of paper from her back pocket then proceeds to cross out their last task on the bucket list.

Angela holds out the piece of paper, letting out her toothy smile as she admires the completed list before neatly folding it and sliding it back in her pocket. The couple collected their things before they walked down the hill with their hands intertwined. As they walk, a sharp pain impels Angela's chest which caused her to abruptly halt. Her hand travelled up to her chest as she held her aching chest. Jungkook immediately shift to her with a worry look as he helps her stand up.

"Are you okay?" Angela was unable to answer which caused him to worry more. She felt like her world slowly stop and her vision spinning. Soon after, she wasn't able to breathe as if someone cut off her airways.

Her legs wobble, they couldn't hold her in place and eventually her legs gave up. She stumbled down but Jungkook was able to hold her in place. He was panicking, he didn't know what to do. Soon, he felt all of Angela's weight on him and he finally realizes that she fainted. The last thing Angela saw was the worry look written in Jungkook's face, and that was the last thing she wanted to see.

"Angela!" —Jungkook calls out— "Angela, wake up!" He said to her frantically as he began to shake. Tears trickled down slowly from his cheeks as he pulled out his phone. Shaking, he dials 911 and told them everything. As he awaits for the ambulance, he pulls her closer into his embrace and whispered,

"Everything's gonna be okay."

|||

As soon as the ambulance step foot into the hospital, they rush Angela to the emergency room while Jungkook kept on holding her hand. In amidst of all the things happening, Angela's eyes meekly opens. Her weak gaze falls on Jungkook's frame, only to see his eyes blown wide, astonished to see her eyes open.

"Honey, I'm sorry..." Angela ghosted her hands to Jungkook's face. "Don't come here tomorrow, you can visit me the day after tomorrow." Angela said in a low voice, grazing her thumb over his cheeks before she was able to pull of a faint smile.

Jungkook's brows furrowed in confusion and protested, "but Ang—" but before he could even say anything, Angela cuts him off.

"Please?" Was the last thing she said before her smile faltered then faded. Angela brought the hand that Jungkook held and planted a soft kiss on his hand. Her hand falter before she slowly lets go of his hand as if she was trying to hold on; then she her eyes shut.

The nurses took Angela to the emergency room while Jungkook stood outside the ER, speechless. He tried to process Angela's words. Was he really gonna leave her especially when she needed him the most? Jungkook ran a hand through his locks frustratingly as he asks himself, "what am I going to do?"

|||

The next day, Jungkook obeyed Angela's request. As much as he wanted to be there right next to her, he decided to respect Angela's decision and stayed home. He locked himself in his room, sobbing as he hopes — prays even, for Angela's fast recovery and safety.