Goodbye

Mia's POV

For the past few weeks, Shane had been avoiding me for no reason and I started to feel bad. Was he cheating on me? Was he about to break up with me? I don't know.

I woke up and I was determined to find out what was going on. I did my morning routine and wore this:

I kept the glasses on my drawer and took my bag before heading downstairs to get breakfast, the most essential meal of the day

Surprisingly, I was the last one to arrive at the kitchen. Everyone was seated at the table, eating and conversing with one another. I sat beside Luke since it was the only seat available. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and took a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon before greeting.

"Good morning, " they chirped back.

I made sure to est my food slowly and steadily since I wasn't in a mood for talking. Luke was texting on his phone and whenever his phone beeped, he would smile widely. Must be Talia I guess.

Finally it was time to go.

•••

In class, the teacher explained the topic of the day and I paid attention until my phone buzzed in my pocket. I woke up and asked permission to go to the bathroom. I left and entered into one of the bathroom stalls. I opened the text and noticed it was from Shane. It read, "We need to talk." To my knowledge, that's never a good sign. The bell rang, snapping me out of my trance.

It was lunch. I wasn't ready to see him yet so I went to the library to spend my time and thought of scenarios on how  the conversation will go. I continued to avoid him till school was over.

I saw him at the front door and walked up to him.

"You wanted to talk"?

"Ummm, yeah," he replied as he nervously rubbed his neck.

"What's the matter?"

"It's kinda complicated..."

"Say  it or don't, I don't have time for this," I said in frustration.

"Well... I'm moving."

"Moving where?"

"To California. "

"Oh," I said as my heart dropped.

"Yeah... and I'm leaving tonight. "

"WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME DURING THE LAST MINUTE?!" I yelled and he covered my mouth with his hand. Out of anger, I swatted it away. "So that's why you were avoiding me."

It started to make sense now.

"Yeah, I've been trying to tell you for the past weeks but it was too difficult for me."

"So you decided to give me a last minute text, explain, and just disappear from my life?"

"When you put it that way..."

"Just stop. It's okay. I should've known that you were no good for me," I muttered bitterly.

"Mia, don't be like that."

"Don't be like what? Huh? Gosh, Shane you can be so stupid at times," I said as I paced around.

"I know and I'm sorry," he begged.

"Whatever. It was nice knowing you Shane. Goodbye," I said coldly and left him standing at the front door.

Well, that's the end of Shane and Mia☻