Meeting The Parents

Mia's POV
Most of the mornings I used to spend in the Ross household consisted of eating breakfast, play fighting, and binge watching popular shows on the TV but today was different.

I walked downstairs and saw the Ross kids grooming themselves and assuring one another that they look good, Bertram cleaning the house (which he rarely does) and Jessie making a phone call, pacing around the house.

"Why is everyone so active today?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Our parents are coming to visit today," Ravi replied as he was putting a leash on Mrs. K.

I started to sweat on my palms out of nervousness. I've never met their parents before so it is definitely a big deal for me.

"They'll be here in 5 minutes," Jessie said as she hung up the call.

I inspected the apartment to see if it looks good. Everywhere was clean, polished, and neatly arranged. I walked into the kitchen and took a bottle of water to drink. The elevator opened shortly after and I heard the excited screams of the Ross kids. I decided to join them in the living room.

"How are you guys?" Mr. Ross asked.

"Good but amazing now since you guys are here," Zuri replied with enthusiasm.

Mrs. Ross took a look at the apartment and her eyes drifted to me.

"So this is the Mia Prescott we've been hearing about?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am, that's my sister," Jessie replied.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Ross," I greeted. "Thank you for allowing me to stay here."

"You're welcome sweetie," they chirped.

Mr. Ross walked towards Luke and whispered, "She's really pretty." Luke turned beet red and I smirked. You guys are probably wondering how I heard it and it's because of my huge ears.

"So Bertram, I've seen that you're still the same," Mrs. Ross stated with an arched eyebrow as Bertram jumped off the couch. He laughed nervously out of embarrassment and rubbed on his bald head.

"No ma'am, I'm just tired that's all."

"And when are you not tired?" Emma whispered and we started to laugh.

"Hey! I heard that!"

"We brought gifts!" they said as they opened their suitcases. The kids ran towards them in excitement and received their gifts. Then, Mr. and Mrs. Ross gave Bertram, Jessie, and I some gifts as well.

"Thank you," we said and they nodded, smiling at us.

"Mom, Dad, let's go have some breakfast," Ravi said and we followed him to the kitchen.

The table was neatly set and there were endless amounts of options. We took our seats and began to eat. The breakfast consisted of interesting stories and heart filled laughs.

•••

Mr. and Mrs. Ross are only stating for 3 days because their jobs demands them as soon as possible. They are using their free time to bond with the kids. Currently, they are all out of the house so it's only Bertram, Jessie, and I.

I took that opportunity to take a much needed nap. I intended time was 30 minutes but that ended up to be 3 hours. By the time
I woke up, noise could be heard downstairs. I washed my face and went to the movie room to see everyone watching a movie. I looked for a vacant seat and the only one that was available was beside Luke. I sat beside him and started to dig my hand into his bowl of popcorn.

"Hey! That's not fair!" he whined.

"Stop being a baby, sharing is caring."

"But I'm your baby though," he smirked.

"Nah, you're too ugly to be my baby," I stated and Luke shook his head in denial.

"Mia, both of us know that I'm irresistible so stop the pretending."

"Sure, if it makes you feel better," I shrugged and he rolled his eyes, smiling shortly after. We continued to watch the movie and during that period, Luke and I would throw popcorn at the others and talk discreetly. When the movie was over, Bertram assigned us to clean the theater.

"Why?" we complained.

"Because you guys are the ones that caused this in the first place," he exclaimed as he looked at the popcorn in the room.

"Okay, he has a point," I said to Luke.

"Of course I have a point now go and clean up."

Luke and I were left alone in the room and we started to clean up the place.

"Who knew I would eventually start to do chores or listen to what someone tells me," he stated and I started to laugh.

•••

I was lying on my bed as I heard my phone beeping. Shane had sent me a message. It's been a while since I talked to him.

Shane😛
Hey, it's been a while.

Mia😊
Yup, how have you been?

Shane😛
Good, you?

Mia😊
Same.

Shane😛
You don't come to the park often, why?😭

Mia😊
I didn't know that I was missed 😏

Shane😛
You are clearly missed, especially by me.

Mia😊
Aww 😂
I just don't feel like going there.

Shane😛
😭
You coming tomorrow?

Mia😊
I don't know.

Shane😛
I'm gonna keep this in my prayers tonight 🙏

Mia😊
Lol 😂
Good night though, I'm slowly catching some zzz's

Shane😛
Okay, night.

I laughed at his weirdness and decided to call it a day.