Oh, My!

Thank you for 59.5k views and 797 votes 💙

🌼

Mia's POV

Finally .... the last day of school before Christmas holidays.

I was excited because there might be a chance that I'll see my dad and siblings anytime soon but I can't get my hopes up. No one knows what could happen.

My friends and I sat on our regular table, discussing our upcoming activities. They weren't much but we looked forward to it. The school's hosting a Winter Formal today but no friend of mine is going because we have plans to go bowling. (that kind of rhymed! 💀😂)

The bizarre dream has been on my mind lately and I've decided to tell Talia the truth, even if she still proceeds to be  with Luke.

"Mia, your food is cold," Sage remarked and I nodded lazily before emptying the tray's contents in the bin. I returned to my seat and drank my water.

"Are you okay?" Emma mouthed to me and I nodded in response.

•••

Around 7PM, everyone was at the bowling alley. I switched my ordinary shoes to bowling shoes before typing my name in.

"You're the last to play," Ravi said.

No shit Sherlock.

"Just saying, damn..."

I said that out loud?

"Yes, you did."

What is wrong with me?

"A lot of things but we refuse to address it."

"Damn, Ravi I get it!" I said in frustration and he laughed at me.

"What are we waiting for? Let the games begin!" Zuri announced.

We played in the following order:

Emma
Luke
Sage
Ravi
Zuri
Talia
Mia

After the first three rounds, I finally mustered the courage to talk to Talia. The others were so invested in the game so they didn't notice Talia and I sitting idly on the couch.

"Um, Talia..." I trailed off, scooting closer to her.

"What's up, Mia?" she asked in her usual preppy tone.

"Please don't take this the wrong way but I didn't tell you about the relationship dilemma between Luke and I -"

"It's okay,  I know already. He told me."

"He did?!"

"Yeah, I knew about that before the dance."

Uhhh...

"What is going on???"

"Well, everyone knew that you guys had feelings for each except you of course so we had to find a way to open your eyes," she shrugged with a smirk on her lips.

"So this entire time I was played?! You don't like him in that way?! All of our friends knew of the plan?! Whatttt?!!"

My outburst attracted some onlookers and I smiled sheepishly. They went back to their activities and Talia replied, "I'm not going to lie so yes, I did like him at some point but the feelings dissolved when I realized that we were too different and you were the perfect person for him. Everyone was involved because we felt like taking matters into our own hands. Luke just agreed to the plan because we persuaded him. The plan became way too easy when Shane left. Shane's still an asshole for doing that to you though. "

"Wow..."

Their plan worked.

"Are you mad at us?" Talia asked.

"No, not really. It's just so much to take in."

"I know."

•••

Surprisingly, Ravi ended up winning and he bought us icecream to celebrate. As I ate my vanilla icecream with sprinkles on top, I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I looked up and saw Talia whispering in Luke's ear as his gaze deepened. I quickly looked away and my phone beeped, meaning that I got a text.

Luke 😊🙈

When we get back home, meet me at the terrace.

•••

The Ross siblings and I got back home and went our separate ways. I changed into long and comfortable grey pyjamas before quietly walking downstairs to get to the terrace.

There he was, in blue pyjamas with messy hair as he stared at the sky.

"I got your message. What's up?" I asked, startling him.

"So, you know..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yup and I must admit, the plan worked," I said, walking closer to him.

"I really like you Angel," he whispered, taking a step forward, leaving no space between us.

"I really like you too Freckles," I said and I could feel my conscience dancing in joy. I finally admitted it to him. "So, where does that put us now?"

🌼