[10] Oh Well Oh Well

A/N: Oh Jeez guys, I'm sorry this sucks, I can't write at the moment. Thanks to Ashton for making me update, and inspiring me. So...he gets to be a character. He's like one of my best friends ever, and I love the idiot to death.

I'm sick, so please point out any mistakes. Also, comments are really appreciated, I love reading them so much. HAVE FUN WITH THE NEW CRAZY CHARACTER.

EDIT: Ashton has a Wattpad, @Ashduhh . Seriously, read his bio and you will understand the crazy.

-

-

-

[LONNIE'S POV]

I grumbled loudly and pouted, glaring at the window and the cheerfully warm weather that existed just beyond it.

Preston was avoiding me. Well, as much as one can avoid another human being while sitting in a car with them. Sometimes I wondered if he wasn't human. It seemed plausible. I mean, he was weird and mean. I pouted harder. He was such a meanie butt. I stared at him suspiciously, attempting to detect any amount of in-humanness that was available. He threw me an odd look, but otherwise said nothing, continuing to shun me.

It made me groan and hit the back of my head on my seat. I may act like a total spastic moron, but I did have emotions. And trust me when I say his attitude towards me hurt. Was I that bad of a kisser? Did he hate me? Well of course he hated me! I practically made him kiss me! No wonder he was acting the way he was. I forced myself on him. The guilt was tearing me apart and I felt disgusted with myself.

He was emotionally vulnerable and, like an ass, I took advantage of that. I took advantage of someone I cared about. Christ, my father was right. I was a waste of a life.

I beat myself up mentally up until Mason pulled into the park that Jesse begged him to take us to. And since my cousin was so whipped, he caved immediately.

Jesse giggled like a little girl and clapped wildly, leaping out of the car and stumbling before he fell on his ass.

Mason rolled his eyes and we all stepped outside.

"I swear it's just like high school." he smiled softly at Jesse and his eyes filled with love.

Jesse pouted and let Mason lift him up off the hot pavement, "I didn't always fall on my ass."

"Yeah, that's because I was always there to catch you," Mason smiled and kissed Jesse tenderly on the lips, "although, I still don't know how the track star was so clumsy."

Jesse made a noise of indignation and slapped Mason on the chest before taking his hands and leading him to the swings.

That left Preston and I alone. I shuffled my feet awkwardly and stared in any direction but his.

"Just go play with them Lonnie," Preston said stiffly, and I whipped my head around to look at him, "I know you want to."

"Yeah..." I said softly, trying to hide the hurt from my voice and the pain in my eyes. No one could truly make my heart ache like he could. I walked away slowly, glancing back briefly, and seeing a look of guilt on his face so fleeting I was sure I imagined it.

I pulled my IPod out of my pants pocket, untangling the headphones and popping them in my ears as I took my seat on one of the swings. The song that came on was Oh Well, Oh Well and I could feel the tears threatening to spill but I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes closed tight.

-

-

-

[PRESTON'S POV]