Chapter 33

Matt's POV:

Dropping Leo off at the airport was harder than I thought.

I imagined a few tears and the idea of already missing Leo like crazy, but I did not expect the amount of heartbreak I got when they announced the last call for his flight.

He hugged me tight while I cried into his chest.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok, it'll be over before you know it," he mumbles against my hair where his head was currently resting.

"I know, I'm just gonna miss you too much," I answer against his neck, still secure in his embrace.

"Yeah, trust me, same here."

"Well, guess I should let you go now," I say and start pulling away, but still looking down, not wanting him to see my puffy red eyes, even though it's not the first time he's seen me crying.

"Yeah. Hey," he calls out gently and puts his hands on my face to mantain eye contact. "It'll be ok."

He kisses me, gently yet passionately, for a few seconds before pulling away once again and wiping away the tears that were staining my cheeks.

"I'll see you soon," he whispers against my lips, in what I assume is the last kiss for the next months.

"I'll see you soon," I whisper back.

And with that he pulls away and moves to the gate, looking back with a small sad smile on his face and a little wave.

-----------------

One month since Leo went to college. We talk every day. Either Skype, Facetime, phone calls or texts. It doesn't matter if it's just a "good morning, how is your day going" or just random things, we never go a day without talking.

I know that sooner or later that's going to end and I'm already preparing myself for it, but when the time comes it comes, for now, I'll just make the most of it. And seeing as New York is far from here, he won't be able to visit all that often, so the next time he visits will probably only be in December for Christmas and New Year.

So... only about 3 months left. 3 months without Leo's kisses, hugs or anything at all. I miss him already. I don't know how I'm gonna make it until then.

-----------------

Three months since Leo went to college. Our daily communication has decreased tremendously, just as I expected, but we still talk quite often. And we still end every conversation with an "I love you", so I guess that's good.

But it's definitly getting harder and just a normal part of our routine.

My mom is also getting better at being a mom, just like she was before my dad's passing, so I guess things are going up on that front. Thank God, at least not everything is bad. Day by day I start trusting her mre and more. I believe we'll get to the mother and son relationship we once had. She's definitly trying. And that's good. It gives me hope that I'll be able to go to college and leave Chris to be cared by my mom. I guess I'll have to see how she deals with everything this year.

------------------

Christmas is here and I'm currently waiting at the airport for Leo, like we agreed. He should be here any moment and I'm anxiously waiting for a very handsome guy with a mop of messy black hair on top of his head.

After a few minutes of waiting I still don't see him, even though he should definitly be here by now. I'm starting to get worried. What if he changed his mind? What if something happened.

My phone dings, signaling that I got a mensage, so I take the phone out of the pocket of my pant and see I have a text from Leo.

Leo: Sorry I'm late, there's a hot guy in front of me, I'll just get my flirt on.