Chapter 18

MATT'S POV:

Leo is giving Chris and I a ride to school today, even though I have my car back now, but according to him, if we're gonna come out to the school as official, we should do it properly. Which I find adorable to be honest.

So that's where we are now, in our school's parking lot, still inside Leo's car, holding hands and just kissing a little, before he turns to me, "are you sure you want to do this? We can wait Matt, really, I don't mind, I just don't want you to regret anything."

I swear I just fell a little more at that moment. Damn Leo, always being so considerate. But I don't want to wait. I've already waited so long, that right now I just want everyone to know that Leo is with me, that he chose me and I chose him. I still can't believe a guy like him likes me, I mean, I'm not complaining, far from it but I'm just happy, I guess - way too happy.

"Leo," I answer. "I am 100% sure I want to do this. I'll have no regrets, because I'll get to be with you without having to worry about other people flirting with you, thinking you're available, and at least a few people will back off. I know it won't be all rainbows and sunshine, but most of our school is pretty cool with the LGBT+ community, look at that guy Harry Newman, he is openly gay, and apart from an insult or two from some guys he seems ok. And besides, I've hidden for to long."

Leo just looks at me, with a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes. I take a deep breath and hold his face and kiss him again, soft and gentle while he caresses my cheek.

After a few minutes we decide it's probably time to actually go inside, seeing as we don't want to be late for class. We have the same 1st period, which is maths, and that reminds me of something, "hey...I haven't tutored in a while..."

"Oh, that" he answers and looks down, scratching the back of his neck looking a little embarrassed. "I kinda lied about needing tutoring...I have an A in that class, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you..."

Oh my God. Did he just say that?! That's adorable! "I can't believe you've been through basically a month of me boring your head out with math tutoring for nothing!" Even though it's totally sweet.

"You could never bore me."

And after that we decide that we should really go inside before it's too late.

So, with that, we exit the car hand in hand and head to the school building. We're not even inside the school and we're already getting stares from the people in the parking lot. God, I hate this. Not being out with Leo. I actually really love that, I just don't like all the attention I'm getting. I feel exposed, I can't really explain it. 

Leo must have noticed my discomfort, 'cause he puts his arm around my shoulders and whispers in my ear, "are you ok with this?" 

I just nod in response, whith a blush tinting my cheeks and a smile covering my face. And it's true, I do feel better like this, because while it might bring more attention to us, it makes me feel better, protected. Plus, Leo smells good, so that's a plus.

He smiles back at me and kisses my cheek, making me blush even more and lower my head.

We reach my locker and get my things, but seeing as Leo also has to get things from his locker he pecks my lips and we agree to meet by my locker again after, so we can go to class together. Leo's locker is on the other hall and it's still a few minutes, so I take my time getting my things together.

When I'm putting my things inside my backpack, I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around. I was expecting Leo, or even Macy and John, but am surprised to see Harry Newman standing there in all his purple hair, flamboyant glory. Unlike me, Harry seems to be the kind of person who wants all the attention on him. He's on the drama club here in school and he's the lead most of the times.