Chapter 2

"This is absolute rubbish!" Hermione hissed, lowering her head to avoid the attention of their Divination professor. Catherine nodded, "I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Hermione, this is pure and utter bull-" Catherine saw Harry, looking at her with a stern expression. "Frog, this class is pure and bullfrog." she finishes. Ron laughed, Catherine shot him a murderous glare and was about to hit him with her book.

"Ms Potter?" An airy voice said.

"Yes, Professor Trelawney?" Catherine asked in an innocent voice.

"Ah. Showing Weasley the book are we? Clever, have you given your partner's teacup a look?" she asks with her big eyes. Catherine opened her book and grabbed the cup, "I think that's the sun, which means great happiness." she says looking over at Luna.

Trelawney looked at the up and smiled, "You have a gift, Ms Potter. That is indeed correct. Ms Lovegood, your turn." she says. "This looks like a head of some sort, kind of like a dog." Luna says in her dreamy voice. Trelawney looked at the teacup and gasped, "My dear! You have the grim!" she says looking at Catherine with her bug like eyes. 4
"You're twins. Am I correct?" she asks looking at Catherine and Harry.

"Yes." both said uncertainly.

She took Harry's up from Ron, "Oh! Just what I expected, the Grim!" she moaned.

"Ohhh! Better be careful." Lavender warned.

"Oh, shut up will you Brown?" Catherine snapped walking out of the classroom, the bell ringing for next period as she stood up from the too short stools. "You don't think that's true, do you?" Harry asked tailing after her. "Harry, Divination is a subject full of guesswork. Of course I don't believe it!" she said walking rather quickly.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked, taking a hold of her shoulder. "Got a free period, just going to the Library, want to come with?" she asks.

"Sure." Harry said.

"Really? Harry, I said Library not Quidditch pit." she teased. Harry just rolled his eyes laughed.

HARRY'S POV:

"I told you, you'd get bored here." Catherine said dropping a pile of books on the desk. "Catherine?" I say looking at her. "Yeah Harry?" she said raising her brow.

"Can I ask you something?" I said to her.

"Sure." she said grinning.

"On that night on the train, you were unconscious. You were screaming 'get away!'" I said. Her expression darkened, her smile vanished. "Harry, what you have to know about that is-" "Catherine, I'm your brother. I want you to be safe and I want you to tell me the entire truth." I say.

"I was 7 years old then, when it happened. He was drunk and... I tried to fight him off, Harry. I really did." she said bursting into tears. I pull her into a hug and dried her tears; I've never seen her like this. The Catherine I knew would have kicked that bastard's arse, I've never seen her cry before, and she looked so...fragile. 10

"What happened?" I asked.

"7 years old is a difficult age for Wizards, Harry. At that age, controlling their magic would be dangerous." she said gravely.

"What are you saying, Em?" I asked slightly confused.

"I killed him." she said turning her gaze to me, she no longer crying but she had this almost eerie and glassy look in her eyes. Catherine. My sister, just 13 years old, murdered a man 6 years ago. Understandable, of course but I never thought Catherine was capable of murder. 10

"I didn't mean to but I wanted to. I killed him. Simple as that, they thought he died of a "rare disease". After that, everyone avoided me. They thought I killed him, they were right." she said with a twisted smile on her face, similar to the same one she had on last year in the Chamber of Secrets. She looked at me and her expression turn back to normal; I could tell she was just as confused as I was."I... got to go. See you later Harry." she said stammering as she left the Library.

~

"Dumbledore wants to see you, Catherine." McGonagall informed.

"But, Professor I still got classes and-" she stopped her with a wave of her hand.

"No objections, you are excused. I've spoken to the other Professors." she said. Catherine, having no other choice, went to the Gargoyle guarding Dumbledore's office.

"Lemon Drop," Catherine said.

She climbed on the elevating steps and found Dumbledore speaking to a boy, about the same age as Catherine with grey eyes and dark hair. "Ms Potter, I would like you to meet Derek Pulcher. He's in your year; he's transferred from a Wizardry school in Romania." Dumbledore said.

"Derek, as you know this is Catherine Potter. She's one of our model students and she's a Prefect in her house. She also plays very good Quidditch." Dumbledore said.

The two students shook hands. "What house are you in Derek?" Catherine asked. "I haven't been sorted yet actually." he says looking at Dumbledore.

"Almost forgot. Derek, sit here will you?" Dumbledore said motioning him to the stool. Derek nervously sat on the stool; Dumbledore placed the Sorting hat on the top of his head.

"Interesting, very interesting; I see ambition, bravery, loyalty, and a great mind too. You're a tricky one, Pulcher. But it has to be....GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted. "Well, that took a great deal of time. Derek, Catherine here will show you the grounds. I trust that you two will stay out of trouble." he said his blue eyes twinkling.

"Of course, Headmaster." Catherine said motioning Derek for them to leave.

"How long was I sitting there?" he asked. "Dunno. About 11 minutes I suppose. That's the average Hatstall." Catherine said casually. Derek nodded and tailed after, asking her loads of questions.

"What house are you in?"

"Slytherin,"

"Is it nice there?"

"It depends on the person." 7

"What position do you play in Quidditch?"

"Beater,"

"Who's that?"

Catherine looked up and saw he was directing Peeves. "That's just Peeves. Nothing to worry about, he just pisses you off." she said. 2

"Ohhh! Who's this Potter? Got yourself a new boyfriend? Malfoy won't like this!" Peeves mimicked. 3

"Peeves, shut up before I call the Baron." Catherine threatened. With that, Peeves floated away.

"Who's Malfoy?"

"He's my boyfriend."

"Is he in Slytherin too?"

"Yes."

"Where is he now?"

"Right in front of you," 8

Malfoy was walking towards them together Blaise. "Hey love." Malfoy said wrapping his arm around her. "Who's this?" he asks glaring at Derek.

"Derek Pulcher, Gryffindor. New student," Catherine said.

"Hello." Derek said shyly. Draco nodded and shook his hand.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" he asks. "Derek, will you be okay? I just need to sort things out. You can talk to Blaise." Catherine said pushing him towards Derek.

"What is it?" Catherine asked impatiently. "Why are you with him?" he says holding her waist. "Are you jealous? Draco, Dumbledore just told me to show him around the grounds. Besides, he knows I'm dating you. Don't you trust me?" Catherine asked.

"Of course I do! It's just..." Catherine giggled.

"Draco, don't worry. Honestly. After this we can meet up again and I'm all yours." Catherine teased. Draco lured her into a deep kiss before being rudely interrupted, "I'm sorry to ruin all this snogging but we have Potions next so..." Blaise said awkwardly. 5

Catherine motioned them to go and moved on with Derek to the other parts of the castle. "What's that?" he asked looking over at Hagrid's hut. "That's where our gamekeeper lives, want to meet him?" she asked with a kind smile.

Derek nodded shyly, she grabbed him by the hand and walked to Hagrid. "Hiya, Catherine! who's this?" Hagrid asked looking down at Derek. "This is Derek, new student, from Romania. Derek, this is Hagrid." Catherine said.

"Romania, eh? Good place there. Got a dragon sent over there, shame not to being to raise little Nobert here." Hagrid said in grief. "Wonderful creatures, they are. I love watching them; my brother actually tends to them." Derek said.

"Say, why're you two out of class?" Hagrid asked eyeing the two curiously. "Dumbledore asked me to show him around. We're just about done, just need to show him his Common room." Catherine said.

"Alright, then. Don't let me keep ya'. Better get going now." He said nodding.

"See you later then, Hagrid." Catherine said waving goodbye. "How do you know where the Gryffindor's Common room is? You're a Slytherin." Derek said, confused.

"It's a long story." Catherine joked. "He looks just like you." Derek whispered. Catherine turned where Derek was looking and saw Harry, "He should, and he's my twin brother." Catherine said. 1

"Harry! Over here!" Catherine shouted.

"What is it, Catherine?" he asked looking curiously at Derek. 4

"This is Derek; he's in your house. Can you please show him around? I've got to get my things in my dorm." Catherine said tugging his sleeve. "I can do that. Come on Derek!" Harry said putting a brotherly arm around Derek.