Chapter 5

What the bloody hell happened last night?

The first words that etched Catherine's mind as she woke up with a massive hangover, she rubbed her eyes and smelled a familiar scent; blood. All over her knuckles were stained with dried blood, she looked all over her aching body; no sight of any wounds or bruises.

Pansy and Millicent steeped out of the loo and were shocked to see her awake. "What happened last night?" Catherine asked burying her face in her hands.

"You don't remember?" Millicent asked. Catherine shook her head and shrugged, "All I remember is dancing with Percy." she confessed. "You broke Astoria's nose, you went wild last night!" Pansy said.

"This is her blood?! Oh good God," Catherine groaned.

"You were amazing! I always knew you had it in you but last night.....Wow." Millicent said in amazement. 2

Just before Catherine was just about to say something, Hayley flew in and dropped a letter on her lap.

Catherine,

Please proceed to my office. Immediately.

Professor McGonagall

"This can't be good." she muttered.

"Good luck, mate." Millicent said patting her back.

"We'll see you later." Pansy said.

Catherine changed into a new set of clothes, brushed her teeth and sprinted to McGonagall's office. She went in the deserted classroom and the door slammed behind her, "Take a seat." Draco said without a trace of emotion on his face.

Catherine obeyed without saying a word and waited for McGonagall. "Hello Catherine." Harry said appearing out of nowhere. 9

Catherine didn't even bother to say a witty remark; she just sat there staring into thin air. McGonagall came out of her quarters, holding three thick folders in her hands.

"Where did you get those?" Catherine asked icily.

"The orphanage gave me this when they released you to Me." she said giving them each a folder. "I thought you lot ought to know what her cases are, since you two are the only ones close to her." she said looking at Harry and Draco.

"Well, go on. I've got no choice. Read it." Catherine said in harsh tones.

Child of Mary Hospital

Miss. Catherine Emilia Potter, age 6

Diagnosed with Scarlet fever on December 13th 11

Broken collarbone (left)

Twisted wrist and ankle (left)

3 broken ribs (right)

Multiple bruises on both arms and stomach

Stab wound on left side of stomach

London hospital of Mental disorders

Miss. Catherine Emilia Potter, age 6

Diagnosed with:

Sadistic Personality disorderDepressive Personality disorder

Schizotypal Personality Disorder

Bipolar disorder 7

Doctor's note:

Catherine is a very disturbed child.

Due to the death of her unidentified parents, it had led her to this. According from my observations, she is unknown and incapable to love; the only emotion available to her disposal is anger and sadness.

Every night she dreams the same dream, it's either a gargantuan man riding on a motorbike carrying her as an infant or a hooded man murdering her parents.

Catherine is a very intellectual child but her emotions and disorders are holding her back, I grant you; the future has something big in store for her but seeing her problems; she might never see her future.

I recommend Ms Catherine to attend the Therapy sessions every Thursday on the 7th hour of the morning. Also, she hisses or should I say, "Talk to snakes". This might be the result of lonesomeness or rather madness. She was caught torturing older orphans in her room by 'making' the snakes slither to their bodies.

London Court of Justice

Catherine Emilia Potter, age 7, suspected murder of Benjamin Cole on the 8th of May. 6

"My brother, (Benjamin), bought her food tray up to her room that evening. The child is an absolute threat to everyone! Those green eyes only make her look innocent, she's mad I tell you!" –Alison Cole, sister of Benjamin Cole and landlady. 1

Catherine had nothing to do, whatsoever, with the murder of Benjamin Cole. There is no evidence present in the child's room, nothing. She is cleared with all charges.

Child of Mary hospital

Miss. Catherine Emilia Potter, age 8

Deep cut on lower lip

Deep cuts on left arm

Broken arm (right)

Bruises on her back

Wool's Orphanage 8

Miss. Catherine Emilia Potter, age 9

Catherine is now permitted to leave Wool's orphanage with the guidance of her guardian; Minerva McGonagall. Catherine Potter is released on the 17th of April.

"Wow." Was all Draco could and would say,

Catherine shifted awkwardly in her seat and faced McGonagall, "Congratulations, you have now proven that I am a Psychological death machine. Can I go now?" she said impatiently. 2

"Not quiet, dear." She said calmly.

"Catherine, this is absolute rubbish! None of these disorders are even true about you! You're not mad; you're sane enough as I am." Harry said tossing the folder on the table. "Thanks?" she said uncertainly. 15

"It's because she was taking her medication, she stopped taking them just last month." Draco said knowingly.

"Why does he always know something that I don't? I'm your brother! Don't you trust me?" Harry asked.

"Stop it! I know you're my brother, Harry! You don't have to remind me every damn day! People remind me enough, they don't expect me to do anything, they like you! Not me! Never me, not Catherine, its Harry the one who they think will do well, not that silly pathetic weak girl! I think I proven myself to be weak enough by letting Voldemort possess me!" she exclaimed.

The three remained quiet until Catherine stood and walked out, only the slam of the door seemed to alert them of what happened.

HARRY'S POV:

"Look, I know we don't get on as well, but it's Catherine. I need you to watch her for me." I said awkwardly to Malfoy. He nodded without even a comeback or his infamous smirk. "I will." He muttered.

"Well, boys, I suggest you go back to whatever it is you're doing. I will inform you if anything occurs." McGonagall said walking up to her office. 1

"The least we can do is to pretend to like each other, Potter. Even for a short while. Deal?" Malfoy said extending his pale hand to me. 2

I shook it, "Deal."

~

"You have to tell him." Ginny said putting her arm around Catherine.

"I can't." Catherine sobbed.

"You have too; the truth is eating you alive." Luna said dreamily. "He'll never forgive me for it." Catherine said wiping her tears as new tears formed. "You have two options: Tell him the truth." Ginny said. "Or live with it with the rest of your life." Luna added.

"I am never drinking again." Catherine muttered. "If you think about, if you tell him now he'll forgive you and you'll stop being...like that. However, if you don't tell him, he'll find out soon enough and bicker like an old married couple, you'll break up and back to square 1." Luna said playing with her hair. 1

"Speaking of," Ginny whispered. Catherine looked up and saw Draco.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"Sure. I'll see you guys later." She said half smiling.

"No problem, we'll let you two, Talk." Ginny said with a wink as she walked away with Luna.

"I need to-"

"I have to-"

Draco smiled, "You go first."

"No, you go."

"Well, I spoken to your brother and we agreed to be on good terms, not as good as you think but well enough to keep you happy. "He said holding her hand.

"That's great." Catherine said in amazement, hugging him.

"Yeah, I suppose. What were you going to say?" He asked kissing her forehead. "Please don't hate me." Catherine whimpered. Draco's brows furrowed with curiosity and concern, "Why? What did you do?" he asked.

"I didn't mean to do it." Catherine said.

"Do what?" Draco asked holding both hands.

"I kissed Derek." Draco cringed. "I'm sorry." She whispered not bearing to look at him.

Then unexpectedly, he held her and said, "Thank you." Catherine looked at him as if he was mad, "Why?" Draco smirked. "For telling me the truth, you can be daft at times." He said.

"You're not mad at me?" She asked.

"Of course not, I understand. You were drunk that time, you wouldn't snog him if you were sober." He said.

"Speaking of which, I heard you were being held as responsible for bringing in Fire whiskey." Draco said.

"I thought it would be fun, but now I regret that." Catherine said standing up from the grass.

"So, my mum will be out for the holidays." Draco informed.

"And why's that?" Catherine asked a mischievous spark in her eye as she knew where this would go. "She's going to visit some relatives in France, so, the Manor will be empty. She says we can go there for the holidays." He says.

"Good to know." She said mockingly. 2

"Okay, now you're just bantering me." Draco said locking her in his arms.

"Fine, I'll go!" she said laughing.

"I haven't even asked you yet." Draco said jokingly.

"Are you kidding me? 'The Manor will be empty...We can go there for the Holidays...Draco, the words alone are practically an invitation!" she said rolling her eyes.

"So, we're going then?" Draco asked kissing her softly. "Yes." Catherine said pulling away from the enthralling kiss.

Draco smiled and his gaze fell for the massive dog standing behind the tree, "Don't move." He whispered. 4

"Draco, it's all right. He's mine." Catherine said walking towards the dog. "What do you mean by that?" He asked keeping distance from the furry animal. "I own him, he's my dog. His name's Callidus." Catherine said feeding the dog a Pumpkin pasty.

"Interesting," Draco said.

"It means 'Cunning' in Latin, Draco." She said as if it were obvious. "I knew that." He said smugly. Callidus growled at him. "Padfoot, calm down. He won't hurt you." Catherine whispered. 10

"Did you just call him Padfoot?" Draco asked looking at Callidus. 1

"Padfoot? I have no idea what you're talking about." She said petting Callidus's head. "But, you just-"Catherine cut him off. "I have no idea what you are talking about; I don't know anyone called Padfoot." She said. Draco nodded watching the dog disappear as it walked away; the only thing he hated was people keeping secrets from him; even if it was Catherine who was hiding it.

BLAISE'S POV:

"It's good, isn't it?" I asked looking concerned at my best mate.

"She kissed Pulcher." He said grimly.

I rolled my eyes; Draco can be so stuck up at times. "She was snockered, she saw you snogging Astoria. She was angry! And confused! She didn't mean it!" I said. 5

"Besides, he's a Gryffindor." I said smugly. "Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff. What's the difference? Those Weasley twins fancy her, so does that Diggory." He scoffed. "Diggory isn't interested in Catherine, and neither does she; you should pay attention. As for the twins, the other on like some Gryffindor named 'Johnson' whilst the other, I don't care." I say to him. 6

"What about that Prefect? Percy?" he asked. "Oh yeah, they went to the ball together. According to my sources, she let him go to his ex after you two spoke." I said knowingly. Draco let out a sigh; he shook his head in confusion.

"Do you love her?" Draco looked at me eloquently and let out a small smile. "I think so." He muttered. "You have to do better than that, mate." I said slapping his back.

"She doesn't trust me." He said. That's a big surprise. And yes, I was being sarcastic.

"She has this massive dog, about as big as a table, calls him Callidus." He informs. "How does this fit to the untrustworthy part?" I asked. "Catherine called Callidus by a different name, when I asked her why she called the dog that; she claims that she didn't know what I was saying. She's hiding something, I just know it." Draco said.

"And as usual, this'll end in a nasty fight and back to square 1. You have got to stop doing this Draco; this is Catherine we're taking about. She's everywhere, better ask her than to figure out on your own, and it might take you a life time." I said laughing lightly to break the tension.

Draco began playing with the silver ring on his finger, Odd. Looks familiar though, the stone was bright and green, I saw that before.

"Say, Draco, where did you get that?" I say eyeing the peculiar ring. 6

"Hello love." Catherine said propping down to seat next to Draco. "Hey babe, where've you been?" he asked snogging her a bit. "Oh, just had a quick chat with Luna and Ginny." She said smiling brightly.

Catherine began squirming uncomfortably in her seat and started emptying her pockets, "Have you two, by any chance, seen my wand?" she asked pushing aside a stray lock of her hair away from her face. "Have you tried your back pocket?" Draco asked.

Catherine looked at him suspiciously and reached for her back pocket of her robes, "I told you not to get me anything." She said holding a rectangular shaped box.

"I wanted to." He simply said kissing her cheek.

"A bit late for her birthday," I said.

Catherine grinned, "It's our anniversary actually." I leaned in closer to see the present, might be another piece of jewellery as usual. "Anniversary of what?" I asked. "First kiss." Draco muttered, his face turning red and hot. 1

"How adorable." I commented restraining my laughter.

"Shut up." He said throwing a pillow at me. "Oh, merlin. Draco. I can't..." Catherine was certainly lost for words when she opened it. It was an album, filled with moments of their lives from the past 2 years, it was pretty amazing.

"You like it?"

"I love it." She says kissing him. Ugh. I can never get used to that. Not that I'm jealous or any of that sort, it's because.... You get my point. 18

Clink. Something rather bright fell on her sneakers, as predicted, it was a bracelet. It was made out of white gold, with a few charms in the shape of a snake, wand, and their initials.

Draco went into his dorm for a while. "He's on to you." I said to Catherine.

"I know."

"It meant nothing right? You kissed Pulcher by accident."

"It was an accident, Blaise."

"I understand. Be careful though, he's onto that dog of yours." I whispered. Draco came out and escorted her out of the Common room. +

"See you later mate!"