5: The stupid mage and bratty demon (last part)

Jungkook definitely isn't tearing up as he curses himself for being a horrible, insensitive, idiot, always-screwing-up-everything, mage. Definitely not. The dampness at the corner of his eyes is obviously due to the lights being too bright. Right.

So what if Yoongi isn't the guardian he's hoping to get? The familiar bond is a bond of trust and devotion; it's a pledge of allegiance that both parties carry together until death. You couldn't exactly send your familiar back and ask for a fucking refund, even if it's so far from his preferences.

Yoongi is his now. That meant it is his duty to look after him and take care of him.

If Jungkook's going to be honest with himself, the thought of having someone just for him, who would never betray him and would never leave him, fill his chest with an unfamiliar warmth. Jungkook remembers reading that as the bond grows stronger, the summoner and the familiar would be able to share almost everything, magical reserves, thoughts and feelings. Some even share their lifespans to each other, though he isn't exactly sure how that would work.

At the demon's gut-wrenching words, Jungkook's arms tighten around his small form. The incubus looks even more forlorn and pitiful, drowning in his cloak.

"I'm so sorry," Jungkook cries into the incubus' shoulder. "I don't have anyone else either." He dimly wonders what kind of life the small demon had before he summoned him; he didn't even have proper clothes on, for Hecate's sake!

And he seems starved for affection if the way he moans happily and pressed up against him is any indication, slender fingers digging into the fabric of his undershirt. Although Jungkook isn't very good at displaying affection—a thing his friends had even reprimanded him about—he certainly wouldn't mind giving him more hugs in the future if the demon's going to be this happy about it.

The fabricated frown on Yoongi's face curves into a devious smirk as he peeks at his master whose tears are rolling down on his stupid face.

The sadistic little incubus believes that toying with mortal's emotions is a game that provides endless fun; one Yoongi considers himself an expert at; master even. As the young mage buries his shameful face into his shoulder and squeezes him close, the incubus sighs with satisfaction, knowing he's the one who emerges as the victor of this round.

"It's so sad that we were both all alone," Yoongi whimpers, wiping away his crocodile tears. "But..."

Yoongi grins widely, then he continues with his charade of cuteness, "You have me now!" cheers the small demon. He suddenly shoves himself away from Jungkook and throws his arms up into the air. "All of me. However you want me." Yoongi says and lets the robe drape over his shoulders. And then he subtly tweaks his torso and the robe finally falls to his feet.

Yoongi feels more uncomfortable wrapped in that silly fabric than he does posing half-naked wearing nothing but socks and shorts.

As he looks down at himself, the incubus can't understand why his new master wouldn't want him on display, wouldn't want to stare at him with lust-driven eyes, and wouldn't want to touch him, when he's made to be admired.

Yoongi leans in towards Jungkook so that he could take a moment to appreciate his new pet. The incubus swings his hips seductively, accentuating each curve on his small shapely frame. Behind him is his tail wagging like an excited puppy.

"I am yours now, my Master, completely at your command."

This is one thing Yoongi is not lying about. He's magically bound to his Master, forced to serve by their blood-sealed demonic contact.

"For the rest of your little mortal life!" the incubus cheers blissfully. Because after seeing how easily manipulated he is, Yoongi knows for sure that this idiot mage’s life would be very short.

Jungkook blinks dumbly at how quickly the incubus had gone from weeping to wiggling like a cheerful puppy. But he supposes it's a good thing. Maybe all demons are like that. He'd much rather not have to deal with crying people, or demons.

Also, the young mage is quite confused at what the demon had said earlier. What exactly did he mean by "however he wanted him?" Is there more than one way or something? Jungkook thinks he had made it clear that the little demon is welcome. Jungkook resists the urge to groan. He doesn't know a thing about taking care of a pet, let alone a person, a fucking demon. His numerous dead goldfishes could attest to that. All he knows are the basic concepts: you keep them fed and watered, play with them, and hopes for the best.

At least... That's how he thinks it works when it comes to taking care of a pet. In this case, he doesn't think it can be applied to the demon in front of him.

The demon is not his pet.

Nor is he a friend either.

Maybe it's better if Jungkook can work on the latter, put his poor social skills in befriending someone into test, see if it's still effective as oppose to popular belief.

A little flush rises up into the mage's cheeks at being called 'Master'; it's a little embarrassing. He'd never intended to be anyone's master. What he longs for is a partnership, a strong bond with someone; someone who can share his joys and sorrows.

"You don't have to call me that," Jungkook says, shifting uncomfortably. He doesn't want to give the incubus the wrong idea.

"My name's not 'Master'. It's Jungkook."

"Okay," the incubus smiles, his gum on display and Jungkook's heart may have skip a little bit at the sight. "Master Jungkook."

And all Jungkook can do is sigh in exasperation.