3: The stupid mage and bratty demon (part two)

Jungkook desperately racks his brain for an answer but he comes up with nothing. Maybe he shouldn't have skipped so many lectures. He abruptly spins on his heel and marches back over to his desk, leaving the creature to stare at his back in indignity.

Frantically, Jungkook seizes his spell book and starts flipping through it, oblivious to the creature's increasing ire. When he finally lands on a dog-eared page with the words "familiar bonding" emblazoned over a runic circle, he stares at it intently. Then, Jungkook groans and gives into the urge to cover his face with his hands.

He had drawn the fucking pentacle in reverse.

"Damnit, I really messed up," Jungkook bemoans. "I wanted a guardian, not a ... whatever you are," he peeks out from his fingers. "Uh, sorry."

Even though the tiny, bat-like wings on the incubus' back don't look like they could carry his full weight, somehow they keep the incubus floating effortlessly. Bewildered by his Master's strange reaction, Yoongi flies over to Jungkook with a look of confusion on his face. Yoongi comes right up behind him, reading the young mage's remedial spell book from over his shoulder.

But hearing his new master confesses to ignorantly signing a demonic contract by mistake makes the demon freeze up. His wings tense, dropping him gracefully to his feet.

"You can't be serious!" the demon snaps.

Yoongi shoves his way in front of Jungkook just so he can glare up into his face as he hisses, "What kind of clueless mortal does it take to accidentally summon up a demon like me?! Well unfortunately for you, your stupidity does not void our contract. It's sealed in your blood, and only when your heart stops beating with that blood will this bound be broken," and then he lets out the most depressed sounding sigh with the realization that he's destined to serve this idiot for the rest of his mortal life.

Yoongi hopes for his new master's lifespan to be a short one so he can get his freedom back quickly.

"So then, I better be exactly what you wanted."

Jungkook could have cried from frustration. This is so far from what he wanted, so fucking ridiculous. He had spent months researching and perfecting his spell, pulling all nighters for days on end for a chance to contract with the most powerful guardian that he could find.

But instead of the almighty dragon, all he got is some little demon that looks like in his early teens.

And isn't demon-summoning considered black magic?

Fuck. He could really get into trouble for this.

As per rules, it's fine to summon a lower class demon to take care of minor things like looking for lost objects, but actually binding one to you magically? That's a different story. A familiar shares everything with you; their wisdom, their skills, and most importantly, their magic.

Jungkook's shoulders slump even further at the realization.

How exactly is he supposed to explain this to the headmaster?

Jungkook takes a deep gulp of air and screams into his hands, ignoring the look of alarm from the incubus at the sight of his new master's apparent mental instability. The young mage-in-training had probably made the most impressive blunder in the history of the world - one that is utterly irreversible. He can feel it etched into his blood, feel the shackles of their covenant singing in his veins. It's almost enough to make him want to cry again; he really is an idiot.

An idiot of epic fucking proportions.

Jungkook pulls his hands away from his face to glare resentfully at the source of all his misery. But when his cognac colored eyes land on that small, forlorn figure he stops glaring shortly, feeling something like shame wrenching his gut.

If it's this awful for him, how much worse is it for the little creature? The demon hadn't asked to be forcefully dragged from wherever he'd been and practically enslaved to a mortal; one that doesn't even want him in the first place. He suddenly feels himself stir in sympathy. As an orphan himself, he knows how awful it is to feel unwanted; to feel unneeded.

Jungkook lets out a long, drawn out sigh. He needs to man up and take responsibility for his fuck up.

A/N:

Is anyone reading this lol