Tell me (pt 2) - requested

Lauren gripped Camila's hand tightly as they entered the hospital. Lauren was timid, she felt small inside the clean walls of what was basically medical prison. "Can I help you girls?" The receptionist asked upon seeing the girls entered and had been standing there unsure of themselves. "Yeah um.." Camila tugged on Lauren's hand and walked her over to the desk. She leaned in close so no one else could hear her. "My girlfriend got raped tonight, where do we go?" "Hold on, I'll just call the emergency room and see what they want to do, it's pretty full in there." Camila gave an understanding nod and looked at girlfriend. "Hey, you doing okay?" Lauren's eyes were fixated on the floor. She was scared. "Babe?" Camila tilted her chin up and made Lauren flinch. "Sorry." Camila frowned at the apology. "You have nothing to be sorry about." "Name?" The receptionist asked, holding the phone waiting. "Lauren Jauregui." "The name is Lauren Jauregui. Yep will do." The receptionist hung up the phone and spoke to Camila. "Okay take the elevator to the third floor and turn right, go straight on until you see the sexual health clinic, they're going to call them up now so they expect you." "Okay thank you." Camila started to move in the direction of the elevator but Lauren stayed put, making their hands start to break apart. "What's wrong baby?" "Camz I don't think I can do this." Lauren started to cry. "You can do it." "I can't I'm scared." "Okay come in here." Camila opened the door to the closest bathroom and checked for other people inside, finding it empty, she brought Lauren in. "Listen to me, okay? I know it's hard and it's scary, it's gonna feel uncomfortable and probably a little painful, but focus on me, look at me and I'll distract you. It won't take very long." Camila rubbed her arms and looked into her eyes warmly. "I-Will they call the cops?" "They probably will want to investigate it yes, but only if you want to pursue it. But don't think about that right now, take it one step at a time." Lauren nodded and sighed. "You ready?" "As I'll ever be." Lauren mumbled. They went up and easily found the ward. Lauren stared at the wooden doors and pushed one open slowly, timidly. "Hi, are you Lauren Jauregui?" "Yes." "Okay and who is this? Is she family?" "I'm her girlfriend." Camila said. "Let me just find us a room and then I can examine you, okay sweetheart?" "Thank you." Camila smiles appreciatively and sat down on the plastic chairs. Lauren scanned the room as she went to her seat. As alone as she felt, there were some people there. She would have wondered anywhere else what for, but considering the ward she was on, she didn't want to know. "Lauren?" The nurse called. "Do you want me in there with you?" Camila asked gently. "Whatever you want." "I can come in or I can wait out here." "Can you come with me please?" "Of course." Camila kissed Lauren's temple and stood up with her. "Okay if you could just take this gown and pop it on, just so I can do the examination." Lauren took them and was alone behind the curtain to change. "My name is Nurse Allen, do you know what happened?" "She was raped, but I only found out an hour ago." "Okay then, I need to do a rape kit. Is that okay Lauren?" "Yeah." Lauren called back nervously. "Okay Lauren, are you changed now?" She heard the nurse call to her. Lauren finished tying up the gown and called back an affirmation. "Okay I was just telling your girlfriend my name, so I'm Nurse Allen but you can just call me Katie if you like." Lauren simply nodded, watching the nurse close the curtain again and put on some white latex gloves. Now it was hitting her. It was happening right now. It would be invasive and painful and she wasn't ready. She could see certain scary silver instruments being placed on a tray and she really didn't like it. She was terrified, but when Camila took her hand and stroked her thumb over it, she felt a bit more at ease. Her girlfriend was with her, she would be fine. "Can you spread your legs for me?" Lauren slowly opened her legs and sooner than she expected the examination began. Camila was right, it really was painful and uncomfortable. Lauren watched the expression on the nurse's face as she winced often. "I'm sorry I know it's painful, you have some tearing and bruising injuries. I can see your arms are starting to bruise too." "What happens now?" Lauren asked, wiping her tears as the exam finished. "I'll get a female doctor to come in and assess you while we inform the police." "Oh-uh, does it have to be right now?" Camila asked on behalf of her girlfriend. "It's protocol, we have to inform them there's been an assault." "It's just..she's really tired, she wants to go home." "It is possible to discharge yourself if Lauren wants to, if so we'll let them know what's happened and that you've gone home tonight so they can come by." "That'd be great." "Good. Can I have your details if you just come over to the front desk?" "Yeah sure. Are you going to be alright Laur?" "Yeah go." Lauren said numbly. She just wanted to go home. She wanted to forget.