Issues

Dinah took her third shot of the night alone in the busy club. Her and Normani had been having some problems lately. She'd been out late most nights and Dinah had missed her. But when she confronted her about it Normani insisted she had a right to have a life outside of Dinah. Dinah wondered why she was being so defensive and cagey, but she didn't want to lose her so she kept her mouth shut for the most part and let her live. As long as Normani was happy, she didn't care about herself as much. If Normani could go out late at night, so could she. Dinah wondered if Normani missed her, but she probably wasn't even home. "Hey pretty girllll." A drunken man slurred. "Not interested." Dinah rolled her eyes immediately. "Oh come on-" "You're not my type, so to speak." "Oh? So what are you, gay, bi-" "Married." Dinah interrupted firmly. "So what's a beautiful, married girl doing alone in a club getting drunk." Good question. "None of your business. Fuck off." The man tried to slip his arms around her waist as she took another shot and she almost choked when his hands made their way to her breasts. "Hey! She said fuck off!" A raspy voice shouted and suddenly the guy was on the floor with a bloody nose. Dinah's jaw slacked and she looked to see who had saved her from the sleaze on the floor holding his probably broken nose. "Uh thanks." "It was nothing." The girl smiled shyly. "I'm Dinah." The blonde held her hand out to shake. "Camila." The girl smiled and shook Dinah's hand. "Wanna join me? You did just save my ass, the least I could do is buy you a drink." Camila smiled. "Sure, why not." Dinah got Camila a drink and then Camila started a conversation. "So, what're you doing here on this fine night?" "I don't know. Avoiding my wife, maybe." "Why? If you don't mind me asking-" "No it's fine, we uh, she's just going out every night or whatever and when I ask her about it she gets cagey and just blows up on me. I guess I'm out to see if she cares like I do." Dinah shrugged before having another sip of her drink. "Oh, that sucks." "What about you?" "My girlfriend and I had a fight, I'm just out to stay out of her way." Camila sighed. "What did you fight about?" "My best friend, she thinks he's into me, I mean maybe he is but I'm not interested either way. I don't think she believes me though." "Damn." Dinah bit her lip as the Cuban gulped down her drink. "Hey as much as I like talking to you, it's getting late and I don't wanna get in shit with my girl." Dinah said before finishing her drink. "Yeah me neither actually. We live together." "Can I get your number? You seem cool. I think we could be good friends." "Sure thing." Camila smiled and inserted her number into Dinah's phone, Dinah doing the same for Camila's. "Text me whenever." Dinah smiled as they left the club together. "I will. I hope you sort things out with your wife by the way." "Thanks, I hope you sort things out with your girlfriend." Dinah replied. "Good luck Dinah." "You too Mila." The two girls called for separate cabs and Dinah took a deep breath before opening her door. To her surprise Normani was home and she was tackled into a hug. "What the fuck-" "Thank God! I was so worried about you!" Normani shouted as she peppered kisses all over her face as if she hadn't seen her in weeks. "What?" "Don't you ever scare me like that again! I thought you'd left me or something!" At that, Dinah had had it. "You know what," Dinah slammed the door behind her. "Every night you're out so late I wonder if you're leaving me. Am I not enough? Are you cheating or something?" "No!" "Why have you really been avoiding me? Do you know how horrible it is to come home and you're not there to greet me with a kiss like you used to?" "Dinah-" "How heartbreaking it is to miss cuddling on the couch watching scary movies?" "Dinah!" "What?!" Dinah screamed with tears building in her eyes. "I've been out so late because I've been trying to get this promotion, I needed to keep on my bosses good sides." Dinah looked down. "Oh.." "Yeah." "Why didn't you tell me?" Dinah asked sadly. "I didn't want to say anything in case I didn't get it." "Did you get it?" "No, they gave the job to someone else." Normani sighed. "I'm sorry." Normani simply shrugged. "At least I can say I tried my best." Dinah frowned. "I thought you didn't want me anymore." Normani's heart literally tore in two. "Dinah," she sighed, walking over to her and cupping her face. "of course I want you. I'll always want you baby." Dinah sniffled and brought her into the tightest hug. "I've missed you so much." "I know, I missed you too." "So, you'll be home more now?" "Yes, definitely. I'm so sorry I made you feel unwanted babygirl, I never wanted that to happen." "It's okay, now I know what really happened I feel better about the whole thing." "Why don't we go to bed huh?" Normani suggested. Dinah huffed. "But I'm not tired." Normani just smirked. "I wanna show you how much I've missed you." "Oh.." Dinah clocked on and bit her bottom lip, following Normani as she lead her upstairs.