You Drained My Heart (Dramatic)

By Hannah Rue

(This is Jenna's final confrontation with her old boyfriend who played around with her too much in the past then suddenly left. Now he is back and almost expects her to just take him back. This is what she has to say.)

My heart is a system... Sorta like a bathtub, sorta like a bottle. When you are here my heart fills with happiness and joy and contentment. Whenever you leave my heart drains slowly... I'm less and less and less happy, till I'm empty. And by the time it is empty, you are back and it is filled again. So when you left and my heart drained I expected you to be back and fill me up again... but you didn't. So I closed my heart. Put the lid on. No one could fill it until you came back. It was like a pickle jar with a lid so tight you'd have to ask a bunch of people to try to open it. And a bunch of people tried but none could. It seemed the longer you were gone the tighter and tighter it got. So when you came back the lid was on and even you couldn't open it.

My heart has a wire that connects to my face, so does my brain When you were here and you filled my heart. I'd just smile so much. But now my brain wire is the one that makes me smile. I have to think before I smile. When you were here it was automatic... Now not even you can spark the wire of my heart.

Jonathan, you drained my heart to many times before. It has been too long, too much pain. Goodbye. (beat) Goodbye Jonathan.