The Watch (Dramatic)

The Watch

By Hannah Rue

Zoey:

I always wore this, night and day for 13 years. (Beat) Stealing this was like stealing a part of me; a small ticking part of me. Before I met you my life was fine... not great but fine. You came into my life and brightened it! Making me happy and, and I felt feelings I never felt before! I wasn't used to be treated well. You were always around! When I grew up my mom wasn't in the picture and I had to raise myself because my dad traveled for work. So when he was nearby it was awesome! But he always left before I was truly satisfied... One time he came back from a trip and gave me a gift! The first and only thing he got for me... This watch. It meant the world!! He was only home for a few days and I tried to teach myself at that point to be satisfied... But I asked him this time if I could come! I was elated with the watch and wanted more time with him! He told me I couldn't... At this point I was used to him leaving and coming back so when he left this time I didn't think much of it! That was his last flight... One of the planes engines blew out and the plane crashed into the ocean. No one survived. My feelings flooded me like... like how the plane flooded. (Beat) This was the only thing I had from him! The last piece of him! Just because you were a man in my life doesn't mean you'd ever... EVER replace him! The night you decided to steal from me was more harmful than you could imagine! Being robbed is never harmless but I thought we were in love!! You look my heart the moment you took this watch. (Beat) I am not going mad... I can't be... Im just... Still grieving... (Beat) That's all...