Wreck (Dramatic)

Wreck

By Hannah Rue

Peering through slits I saw fuzzy light. Every blink felt as though it lasted a minute. I saw something... in the haze and darkness a man was yelling. He cried out for this woman. In the rough land I lay, I questioned who she was. Where was she?  Shiny metal and this man but not a woman. But he yelled for a woman named Bethany. A gruff voice, Bethany! I blinked with a white flash and I was in bed. A fluorescent light above my head. Cotton bumps felt on my legs. The man, the yelling man told me he was my dad. He told me we were in a car accident. He was sorry. He was so sorry. But I don't remember this man. My dad? The man who helped conceive me? Did he raise me? How do I stare at a face, a face telling me he loves me, and I have no idea who this man is. He just cried and spoke sorry, sorry, I am so sorry. Did he drive us into wreck? "Your mom didn't make it." Mom? Was this Bethany? Bethany. Pink, red and white, my hand being squeezed by this man. Ignore my injury for his heart, broken. And his face begged me for tears, tears to pool together that will fall. Like a waterfall splashing out and gushing but into something calm, comforting. But he is a stranger to me and Bethany, my mom, just an idea.