I want you to be happy

@AmazingPhil has requested to follow you

"Who's this?" Dan said to himself aloud. Dan was 13 years old in 8th grade. He clicked on the Instagram profile and scrolled through the account. He didn't know any Phil's at school? He saw a picture of a girl named, Valerie, a girl Dan didn't really like.

The user didn't have his face in his profile pic but Dan did. He must recognize me from school.

I really shouldn't accepted his request..I don't really know him..

Dan almost hit the decline button but hit the accept button instead, and followed back.

What's the worst that could happen?

***

You're such an attention whore Danielle. I can't believe I ever fucking liked you. Slut.

Dan awoke from his bed, breathing hard. He started crying at the nightmare.

Or at least Dan wished it was a nightmare.

He could never get over the fact his ex boyfriend bullied him after he broke his heart badly. Austin Reys was Dan's worst nightmare.

But never mind that, off to another day of school.

***

"Hey gays." Dan said and sat down next to his two friends, Maria and Aaron.

"Hi!!" Maria said chipperly. She re-adjusted her cat ears while doing her homework.

"Hey Aaron." A guy with black hair and blue eyes said. His name was Phil.

Ever since they started following each other on Instagram, they would have small little conversations on the internet, but never in person. Phil said he just couldn't do it, because of how bad his anxiety was and Dan understood.

"Hey Phil." Dan said while smiling a bit.

"I-uhhh-hi." Phil said and speed walked away. Dan giggled and pulled out his homework. The teacher, Mr. Lons started calling roll.

"Maria."

"Here!"

"Allie."

"Here."

Austin was transgender. His birth name was Allie. Dan hated that they had the same block class together, but couldn't do anything about it.

"Danielle. I mean Daniel."

"Here.."

Dan almost started crying at that name. He hated hearing it.

***

Dan waited for lunch to be over while sitting in the bathroom. He didn't have anywhere to sit so he just sat in the bathroom.

AmazingPhil: Y'know you could just come sit with us right?

DanIsNotOnFire: I don't want to intrude..