Whats it like? (1/3)

Summary: Dan is a pastel prince, literally. His family is royalty and everyone is Manhattan knows them. Phil is a servant. He's comes home to a poor and abusive family. Yet Dan and Phil cant help but get along.

Warnings: Mention of Abuse, Mention of Starvation, Abuse

Oh yeah Dan and Phil are 9 in this AU

"C'mere boy!" Greg Howell yelled at the servant. Phil rushed over quickly but quietly.

"Yes sir?" Phil asked.

"Look at this! There's white spots on the glasses!" Greg complained. Phil looked closely and saw the small white spots.

"I-I'm so sorry! Do you want me to fix them?" Phil asked.

"Of course I do you stupid boy!" Greg shouted, and smashed the glass on Phil's arm.

"Ow!" Phil cried and Greg rolled his eyes.

"Clean that up." He said and walked out the room.

Phil silently cried and picked out the broken glass. He grabbed the broom and started sweeping, wiping away his tears.

Phil wished he had a friend. He didn't even go to school. He was home schooled by his mother, when she wasn't drunk, which was rare. His step-father Pete would beat him everyday, everyone would.

Phil truly thought he was the ugliest servant that was live. He got called "horse face" "horse teeth" "fatty" "dirty bitch" and much more. It affected the nine year old badly.

While re-washing the dishes a boy wearing a small boy wearing a pink and lavender suit walked in. He looked around Phil's age.

"Hi." Phil smiled. He adored the boy's curly brown hair. Why have I never seen him before?

"Father says I'm not suppose to talk to servants or commoners. And you're a servant." The boy said.

"Oh I'm sorry.." Phil said and continued to wash the dishes. Stupid. Royalty like that would never bother talking to trash like me.

"What's your name?" He asked and sat on the counter.

"Oh that's still wet." Phil said and pointed to the counter.

"That's a weird name." The boy said. "I'm Daniel. Nice to meet you Oh that's still wet."

"Oh no my name is Philip but I mostly go by Phil." Phil said.

"That makes more sense." Dan smiled.

"You're uh..really pretty." Phil blushed but Dan looked confused.

"But boys can't be pretty?" Dan said confused.

"Who said that?" Phil asked.

"Father." Dan replied.

"Well clearly he's wrong because you exist." Phil said.

"Well thanks." Dan said with red cheeks. "You're pretty too."

"You don't have to lie. I know I'm not." Phil said sadly.

"But you are? You have ocean blue eyes, hair blacker than the night, and teeth brighter than my future. You are very pretty." Dan smiled.

"But I have a horse face." Phil said.

"What? No you don't they're just jealous of your gorgeous complication." Dan said.

"You know a lot of big words." Phil pointed out.

"I study a lot." Dan said. Phil nodded and went back to washing the dishes.

Dan pulled out his iPhone X and started texting a few friends. Phil couldn't help but watch. He thought Dan had the most softest hair ever.

"What type of phone do you have? I'll put your number in." Dan said.

"I don't have a phone." Phil said.

"Oh right..You can have one of my mine." Dan said bluntly and pulled out a ziplock bag full of IPhone X's.

"Jesus. How many of those do you have?" Phil asked.

"I dunno. Here." Dan said and handed him a phone.

"But..you don't know me? I'm a complete stranger. Your servant." Phil said confused.

"I wanna be friends with you." Dan said.

"You give out phones to everyone you want to be friends with?" Phil asked.

"Only the pretty ones. So this is a first." Dan smiled. Phil hesitatingly took the phone and put it in his pouch.

"Thank you..So what's it like..?" Phil asked.

"What's what like?" Dan replied confused.

"Y'know, living here. Going to school. Having food to eat." Phil said.

"Oh! It's a lot of fun living here! My favorite thing to do is slide down the massive stair railing. Going to school sucks. It's really lame. And doesn't everyone have food to eat?" Dan asked.

"Not me." Phil shrugged.

"What do you mean? If you didn't eat you'd be dead silly." Dan said.

"Well sometimes my step dad will lock me in my room until I have to work again. Which could be days." Phil said simply.

"What!? That's horrible! When's the last time you ate?" Dan asked concerned.

"Hmm..I ate two days ago. I had a piece of bread." Phil said simply, like it was no big deal.

"That's all!? No no no you should be eating like royalty." Dan said and opened the fridge.

"Oh no it's fine! I've gotten use to it over the last 5 years." Phil said.

"Do you drink a lot of water?" Dan asked.

"If I didn't I'd be dead." Phil said.

Dan pulled out an entire pack of gushers, 5 apples, and a pack of turkey.

"No! This is too much." Phil said and backed away.

"No if anything it's too little." Dan said and shoved the food in Phil's large pouch.

"I..I don't know what to say.." Phil said.

"No need to say anything. Here." Dan said and handed him a sheet of paper. "It's my number."

"O-Oh..thank you.." Phil said gratefully.

"Text me whenever you get lonely." Dan said.

"DANIEL! It's 3:00 why don't I hear piano music!?" Greg screamed.

"Coming father!" Dan yelled. "Text me." Dan said and walked away.

Okay I kinda wanna make a part two