18 [ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ]

"attention all passengers, i ask that you please secure your seatbelts and if needed, grab the oxygen masks from the overhead compartments. we are making an emergency landing in chicago, illinois. we apologize for the inconvenience. the decent may be rocky. thank you."

as soon as daniel overheard the flight attendant on the loud speaker, he mumbled a few inappropriate words under his breath. looking down at corbyn, he saw that the boy still hadn't moved and was still sleeping soundly.

the turbulence then picked up, making the plane sway back and forth. daniel wasn't scared, as he had been in this situation before. he knew that it was best to stay calm and trust the pilot. he was worried about corbyn.

at the thought of the boy's name, it had seemed almost as if corbyn could hear him, as he had woken up abruptly from the shake of the plane.

he lifted his head and sat up straight, darting his eyes out the window. he saw the clouds passing by rapidly as the plane dropped down. he squealed almost inaudibly as it was unexpected.

he gripped onto daniel's hand forcefully as he looked into daniel's eyes with his own. only fear showing through his blue-green orbs. "what's happening?" corbyn whispered, afraid his voice would fail him if he spoke any louder.

"we're making an emergency land because of the blizzard. we're gonna be okay corbyn." daniel spoke as he brought the boy closer.

as the plane dropped once more, followed by the loud noise of the plane rocking, corbyn whimpered, shoving his head deeper into daniel's chest. he had never been in this situation before. he also didn't know of the pilot's abilities of flying a plane.

"corbyn, listen to me. i won't let anything happen to you. i promise."

corbyn did nothing but nod as he let out shaky breaths into daniel's chest. tears pricked at his eyes as daniel gently stroked his back in attempt to calm his shaking body down.

"i love you dani."