14 [ᴅᴇʟᴀʏ]

"look! it's snowing again!" corbyn exclaimed, standing up and walking briskly towards the window. he touched the glass, quickly withdrawing his finger as the windows was quite literally, ice cold.

daniel did nothing but laugh at the boy being so happy about snow in new york city. nonetheless, he followed the boy to the window. he placed his arm softly around the blond's waist. corbyn returned a soft smile as he turned back to the window.

the two watched in silence as a few workers began to spray the place with a solvent that would melt the ice off the planes for take off.

as the hour went by, the snow fell harder, covering the ground in heaps of snow. workers almost couldn't keep up with it as they plowed the runway; almost.

corbyn, now sitting in his original seat across from daniel, spoke up. "do you think our plane is still going to take off?" corbyn asked.

daniel looked up from his book. "of course it will, it might be a few minutes delayed though." daniel then closed his book. "when do we board?"

"about... fifteen minutes." corbyn spoke as he checked his phone, the loud speaker going off soon after.

"flight to los angeles, california, gate 204 has been delayed one hour. we apologize for the inconvenience."

corbyn frowned. "but it's christmas eve..." he trailed off as he pulled out his phone.

"we'll make it home, baby. i promise." daniel spoke, the pet name slipping out of his mouth easily. almost as if it was natural. corbyn's cheeks flushed just a bit, but tilted his head down to his phone. he sent a quick text to his mother that he'd be a bit late tonight.

"alright, if we're now boarding at seven, that means we should be landing in LA around twelve in the morning." daniel spoke.

corbyn deeply sighed as he slumped further in his chair. a frown was plastered on his face as he picked at the armrest of the chair.

"corbs, it won't be that bad. i mean, we still have so much to do!" daniel spoke as he sat down next to his new found best friend.

"like what?— or yeah, we do." corbyn forced a smile, remembering his grandmother's words. she had always told him that being bored wasn't a thing. you just had to believe that there was already so much in front of you.

daniel smiled softly as he casually interlaced his fingers with corbyn's, soon unlocking his phone and liking fan's posts.

corbyn smiled as he gave a reassuring squeeze of daniel's hand, loving the way they fit so perfectly in his. he quickly opened his notebook, scribbling down a few words.