07 [ʜɪs ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ]

"how'd you get so into poetry?" daniel asked as the two now sat facing eachother, legs folded in their seats as they sipped their starbucks. they had been talking for just under half an hour now and knew quiet a lot about eachother.

"it might sound weird, but through the stars. the solar system and the stars in general made me see the world in whole new light. i then discovered poetry books and decided to write my own; a majority of them being about stars." corbyn chuckled as he finished his sentence, receiving a warm smile from daniel.

"wow. that's so— wow. do you still have them?" daniel asked, desperately wanting to read what was only the beginning of corbyn's career.

"yup. i keep them all in this notebook. i've has it for years ever since my grandmother has given it to me." corbyn spoke as he caresses his hand overtop of the hard, leather book.
"gosh i miss her, but i know i'll see her one day." corbyn smiled sadly as he looked down at the notebook.

desperately trying to fight the urge, yet failing to do so, daniel brought corbyn into a much needed hug. corbyn let out a deep sigh as he buried his head in daniel's chest.

"tell me about her." daniel spoke softly, still holding corbyn tightly.

"she was the most amazing— humble person i had ever known. she always taught me not to look past the small things. instead, take in every little detail. sometimes, i'd stay over at her house with her and we'd stay up late having the deepest conversations. those are moments that mean the absolute most to me. i'll never forget them, or her." corbyn spoke.

he sat up, yet kept daniel's right hand in his, fiddling with the rings wrapped around his fingers.

"she sounds like a lovely person." daniel spoke, the same soft tone emitting from his lips.

"she was. she really was. she's the one who really got me into poetry, not just the stars. the first poem in my notebook was something she wrote." corbyn smiled.

"may i see it?" corbyn nodded as he flipped to an old worn out page. the ink was faint on the page, small smudge marks marking the negative space near his grandmother's signature.

daniel's eyes skimmed the paper as he read each and every word. his eyes showed admirance as he read. he looked up, connecting his eyes with corbyn.

"i see where you get it from."