A December To Remember (A Perfect ChristMES)

Author's Note:
● This fic is dedicated to my MES monito/monita, to all Flyers all around the globe and of course to my dearest Maymay and Edward.
Credits to @MWFarts for the story photo. Follow him/her on twitter!

Happy holidays everyone! 🎅🎄

~~~●●●~~~

"Christmas is the season of giving and forgiving"

~~~●●●~~~

Maymay sighed deeply for God knows how many times already before she finally mustered up the courage to grab the door and push it open. As she did, the music that can barely be heared earlier outside instantly welcomed her in full blast mode.

Instinctively, a smile formed her lips. Well, she can't help it. The festive aura of the place is starting to rub on her now despite the anxiousness that she's feeling regarding the possibility of meeting a particular person on that party again. The person to whom she is indebted since a long time ago now. The only person whom she ever loved and to her amazement, she realized that she still loves up to this very moment. And the very same person whose heart she broke as well when she left without saying anything two years ago. Not even a decent farewell.

"ATE MAY!"

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when she heared that yell. She quickly turned to the direction from where that voice came from and saw the beaming face of Marco, who is now walking merrily towards her.

"Oh! Marco!" She greeted equally. The smile was back on her face.

"Kumusta Ate May? Long time no see ah." Marco replied and enveloped her into a huge bear hug.

"Okay naman. Oo nga. Busy sa work eh." She answered casually.

"Hmnn busy?" He frowned then followed teasingly. "O nagbi-busy-busyhan?"

"Hoy hindi ah. Busy lang talaga. Alam mo 'yan modelo ka din. 'To talaga!"

She immediately understood what he is trying to insuate with that though so she quickly evaded the attack. Being both her close friend and that person's best friend, naturally, Marco would know everything. All about that terrible thing that she did in the past.

But despite that, she was quite glad that he didn't end up hating her after knowing anyway. In fact, Marco gave her an opportunity to explain herself and didn't took sides when they first talked about it in Milan; where they ran into each other in a fashion show by chance.

"Umhmm sige na nga." Marco sighed exaggeratedly. "Fine I'll accept that. Even as an excuse as to why you are sooo late today. Tutal naman eh nagpakita ka."

"Oo naman. Malakas ka sa'kin eh." She winked at him jokingly.

He only snorted at that though."Pero grabe pa rin Te May ah, natapos na ang games at kainan, exchanging of gifts na tapos ngayon ka lang dumating!"

"Sorry na." She cooed. In truth though, relief surged within her as he finally let that awkward topic slide.

"O siya sige punta ka na muna dun sa buffet table para makakain ka na. Sakto after, Monito/Monita na. You didn't forget to bring your gift I assume?" He asked, raising one eyebrow.

She laughed. "Don't worry. I didn't."

"Good." He nodded in approval. "I'll go ahead for now. Mamaya na tayo magkwentuhan after ng party. Ako din kasi mag-ho-host ng Monito/Monita eh. Mag-ready lang ako."

"Ok sige. Mamaya na lang."

"Bye."

After, Marco then proceeded to the stage while Maymay, on the other hand, went straight to the buffet table and help herself with some dinner rolls and salad.