Prince Edward To The Rescue (A MayWard Piggyback Tale)

Author's Note:
▪ This has been on my drafts' folder since forever! I almost forgot that I even wrote this fic in the first place and right now I just finish editing it. Hehe
▪ For the first time I wrote in Kisses' POV because for me, it seemed like it's the most appropriate approach with this fic. Ever since I heard her famous line 'yun napagod sya tapos to the rescue yung prince charming nya' during one of her FTLS interviews I felt that she genuinely felt 'kilig' upon witnessing that uber sweet MayWard moment in Camiguin so here it is! I altered some actual details though. My apologies.
▪ THIS IS A COMPLETE WORK OF FICTION. Please do not be misguided.

Happy reading! ☺

It has only been 20 minutes since we started walking but I can already hear her labored breathing admist of all her chatting. I bet she's very tired now. She's just obviously trying to hide it by acting cheerful because I knew that at this moment, she doesn't want to be a bother to either Edward or me.

Typical Ate Maymay.

We are currently on our way up to a very famous tourist destination here in Camiguin. I didn't quite get its actual name but we're going to see the 'old volcano' from the summit of this mountain that we are climbing. Honestly, I'm quite excited because they say that the view up there is quite breathtakingly beautiful.

"Ate May ok ka lang?" I asked her worriedly after a while. I can feel that her breathing becomes more and more heavy by each passing minute.

"Hah? Oo naman ok lang ako pa." She answered breathlessly.

"Sure ka? Parang hingal na hingal ka na eh. Ok ka lang talaga?" I probed.

"Oo ok lang, kaya pa. Promise kaya pa." She assured.

"Ok." I agreed skeptically.

I am absolutely not persuaded by that answer because I can see very clearly that she is definitely not ok. But for now, I'll just let her be since that's what she wants. For sure, she will ask for my help if she really can't take it anymore anyway.

And so we continue to walk towards our destination. But just right after almost 10 minutes since I asked, Ate Maymay abruptly stops out of the blue and said. "Teka guys sandali lang, nahihilo na ko." And then she suddenly look down to touched her knees with both of her hands which I presume because of too much exhaustion.

"Te May ano na? Kaya pa?" I asked again, even more worried this time.

"Maymay what happened?" Edward moved closer to attend to her and asked worriedly as well.

"Teka lang ah pahinga muna, nahihilo na ako. Wait lang. Pahinga muna tayo." She admitted at last.

"Sabi ko na eh kanina ka pa di ok eh. Ang putla mo na kaya! Nasa station one pa lang tayo." I uttered.

Actually we are just only at the station two right now and yet it seems like Ate May can't go further anymore. If you ask me, it's probably better if we just go back because I honestly think that she will definitely pass out soon if we still keep on going.

I was about to ask if there's anything she wants or needs but then Edward got it first.

"Maymay do you need anything?" He uttered those words while looking intently at her.

I can't help the small smile that hovers my lips at that. To me it sounded like he's a worried boyfriend to her or something.

Kilig!

Lately I have been noticing some changes on the way how Ate May and Edward act towards each other. I can't actually pinpoint what it is exactly but I can say that something is definitely different from before. In a good way I mean.