Apple, Apple.....Kiss?

Author's note:
▪ OMG! I am literally so happy while writing this fic for so many reasons-Maymay got the third Lucky Sun, Edward's 'pambabasag' to his other LT's, MayWard's BALIW prod number on ASAP and Showtime, MayWard on Magandang Buhay and on PBB Online, a lot of MayWard pictures and many many more MayWard ganap! I am so overwhelmed! Thank you so much dearest God!
▪ I just also want you guys to know that MAYBE, just MAYBE this is the last short fic that I will publish in this story for a while because I am currently planning to start another MayWard project here on wattpad. Just stay tuned here on my account. I'll keep you guys posted for updates.
▪ This fic by the way is all about the 'sayang' MayWard moment inside PBB just before they went out. My apologies if it doesn't exactly coincide with the real happenings. THIS IS A COMPLETE WORK OF FICTION. Please do not be misguided.

Happy reading! 😊

We are going to get out tomorrow. That's what Kuya said right after Maymay was announced as the Third Lucky Sun. Right now I am feeling mixed emotions. Of course I do want to see my family again outside the house but I am surely gonna miss my family here inside PBB. The PBB Regulars have been such a very good Ate's and Kuya's to us teens in these past two weeks. Now, I already considered them as my real siblings and that makes it harder for me to say good bye. Even though I know that we will see each other again outside I can't help it and I am pretty much sure that I share the same feelings with Maymay and Kisses as well.

Good thing Kuya let us have this small farewell pool party. It's kinda fun actually, that it made us all forget the fact that we will all be separated by tomorrow. There are lots of food and games. Actually we just finished our second game, the girls versus boys balloon relay. It's not an easy game really. We were all just laughing the whole time because the balloons were hard to pop. Everytime we tried to pop one by sitting on it, it literally just flew everywhere. It only just made our butts ache by hitting the chair and floor several times before actually popping it. Thankfully the boys team, our team won so in a way it was all freaking worth it. I can't say the same thing with the girls though. Haha

"Ok guys Apple Eating contest naman. Pair up na. Go!" Kuya Jerome suddenly said.

Yes! This is it!

Ok fine I'll admit, this is the game that I have been waiting for the most because she will be my partner. Kuya Jerome chose a while ago who will be partnered with whom in this contest and luckily he chose Maymay to be mine. Honestly, the moment he said it, I almost hug him.

"Ok first batch punta na sa gitna. Start na tayo." Kuya Jerome lead.

For this game we are divided into two batches. There are three pairs in each batch. The first consist of Cora/Luis, Thuy/Kisses and Will/Aura pairs.

"Ok guys, ready, on three ah. One, two, three, go!" It was Kuya Jerome who gave the signal.

Everybody started good. I can see that each of them are really giving their best in this game especially the Cora and Luis pair who immediately took the lead. I watched closely. Apart from wanting to get some strategies for my game later, I also wanted to look closely how the guys hold the girls during the actual game. This is my first apple eating contest and I definitely do not want to make her feel awkward above all.

Several minutes later, the first batch finally finished their game and to nobody's surprise, Cora and Luis bagged the win.

"Ok second batch lapit na dito. Kayo naman. Game na." Kuya Jerome called right after he hanged another set of fresh apples.

I went into position and then I called her.

"Maymay!"

She walk over to me.

Geez!

I suddenly feel nervous. She's now standing in front of me, between us is the apple. All of my previously well planned strategies went out of my brain in an instant just by her very presence.

Focus Edward focus focus focus. I chanted to myself. Trying to regain my thoughts.

"Edward ano. I'll bite the rope you bite the apple ok? Let's try." She muttered.

Huh?

I don't really get what she said but I just nodded and said a simple 'ok'. I can hear my heartbeat loudly ringing in my ears. We are really going to do this now. Just an apple in between our faces. All of a sudden several scenarios started to play inside my head.

What if the apple slip out and our cheeks touched? Or her lips touched my cheeks? Or mine touched hers? Or what if we accidentally kiss?

So ok, I am literally starting to get out breath because of these corrupted thoughts of mine. I brushed them off right away.

Relax Edward. Focus on the game. Don't mess this up. Ok? I told to myself.

"Guys ready. On the count of three ah......" Kuya Jerome signaled.

I took both of her hands and look over her face. She is smiling widely. She's obviously enjoying this.

Why the heck am I thinking too much?

I smiled back at her and decided to just let it be. Things that are bound to happen will happen so I'll just enjoy this moment with her.

".......One, two, three, go!"

We both started to bite the apple on each sides but it won't work out. It just keeps on slipping in between our faces and so we started to give her suggestion  a shot. She bite the rope and I started to bite the apple but just before I could even make a single bite, the apple suddenly fall to the ground.

"Ay hala uy!" Maymay exclaimed.

I immediately get Kuya Jerome's attention. "Oh wait stop! Stop!" I shouted and then points at the apple on the ground.

"Oops disqualified!" He said as he looked at our fallen apple.

"What really?" I muttered in disappointment and then picked up the apple and just took a bite of it.

Maymay and I went on the side to watch the two remaining competing pairs, Tanner/Baninay and Jessie/Ali. I continue to munch the rest of our fallen apple while pretending to watch the rest of the game. Truthfully, my mind is filled with scenes that happened a while ago during our game. And just by thinking those, I couldn't contain the smile hovering on my lips. I feel irrationally happy. Maybe this is that thing that they called 'kilig' in Tagalog.

It is because that moment when the apple fell, Maymay's lips almost, just almost touched mine. If I then looked to her direction just a little bit more, it could actually have happened. Her lips touched my left cheek instead. Right there and then I momentarily froze. I was overwhelmed by the fact that I could have shared a brief kiss with this very special girl.

"Ah sayang nalaglag apple natin." I heard Maymay suddenly utter disappointedly beside me. Her eyes focused on the two remaining pairs.

"Yeah!" I shortly replied.

Sayang nga! Not thinking about the fallen apple though.

'Sayang' indeed! If you know what I mean. *wink!