Chapter 16 | Message of darkness

(Claire's point of view)

It's been a day since I left Snowdin with Sans. We went to the waterfall, so we spent the night in a nearby cave. We slept there together as a tribute of our newfound love.
I woke up early. I stood up in the cave and looked at Sans. He was still asleep. I thought I would look outside. I stepped out of the cave to hear the familiar sound of the waterfall.

(Sans's point of view)

I was dreaming. There was a dark void, completely empty and depressing. I was looking around the place, searching for a sign of life. But then, there was something behind me.
"HEY!!! YOU!!! GET OVER HERE!!!"
I turned around, surprised by what I heard. "Who the hell are you?!" It appeared to be a little golden flower like the ones you can see around the underground.
A talking flower?
"I'VE BEEN ATTACKED!!! TORTURED!!! AND BY YOUR FRIEND, TOO!!! YOU WILL MAKE HER PAY!!!"

"How are you gonna make me attack her?"
The flower grinned. "YES!!! THE END!!! THE END!!! THE END IS NEAR FOR HER!!! I'VE BEEN DROWNING AS I PLEAD FOR THE END OF THIS INSANITY!!! CLAIRE ATTACKED ME!!! SHE TRIED TO KILL ME!!! AND YOU WILL MAKE HER PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The flower's eyes glowed red and I felt a tremendous pain in my chest. I collapsed on the floor. I felt like I was going to slowly derange into a monster.

"I WILL TURN YOU INTO MY PUPPET!!! YOU WILL END CLAIRE!!! AFTER ALL, IT'S LIKE THEY SAY: 'LOVE KILLS!!!'"

I lost my mind as the pain leaked it's way up my spine and into my skull. The pain wrapped itself around me and inflicted endless pain. I lost all my sanity as the pain began to evolve and mold into something despicable and destructive. At that point, I was screaming to wake up.

"THIS PAIN WON'T GO AWAY UNTIL YOU CAVE AND DO WHAT I SAY!!!"

I shivered and whimpered. I cried out in pain.
"Wake me up!!!" ( wake me up inside! XD)
And I did.
Claire was holding my arm. "Sans? You sounded like you were having a nightmare."
"Oh. Well, I.. It was.... I don't...."
Claire leaned down to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Aw.. It's okay, Sans. You can tell me anything."
Aw. She's so cute and compassionate.
So I told her about my dream.