Chapter 7 | Jailbreak

I woke up on the floor again. I was freezing. I swear, this place is getting colder every day. Or is it just me? I don't know. But
I
CAN'T
STAY
HERE.
No new notes. But as soon as I noticed that there weren't any notes, I heard the garage door open.
"Claire! I'm here!"
I gasped. "Sans!" I stood back up and ran to the bars to meet Sans.
"Sans! Oh my goodness, I was so scared. I missed you so much!"
Sans smiled and grabbed my hand. "I missed you too, Claire! Guess what else? I think I know how to break you out!"
I felt DETERMINATION for the first time in days.
Sans frowned. "Kid, this might be my last chance to see you before you before Papyrus takes you to Undyne. But luckily for you, I know how to get you out!" His smile restored as he mentioned the subject of my escape.
"Great! Now, what do I have to do?"
"I remember when me and Papyrus were converting this place into a prison for humans (Which I was forced to do against my will), I remember Papyrus saying he would hide the key somewhere inside the place! Maybe if you can, try moving stuff around. You know, like the bookshelf, the desk lamp, or... THE CARPET! Try looking under the carpet!" I
That being said, I walked over to the old carpet and flipped it over. Sure enough, there was a small bone like key under it.
"It worked, Sans!" I said enthusiastically, picking up the key. I then walked over to him and handed it to him.
"Thanks, kid." He walked over to the cell door and unlocked it, pulling it open for me.
"Here you g-" Sans began to say, but I ran up and hugged him.
"Th-thanks, Sans...."
(Sans's point of view)
I didn't know what to say. Her hug was nice. But seriously, all I did was free herrrrrrrrr..Okay I get it now. She's thanking me.
I put my hand on her back. "It's.... Your welcome."
OMGosh I never want this to end...
"Say, kid." I said, "How about we get you out of here? It's... Pretty cold in here."
Claire hugged me tighter. "Okay."
She let go of me and we walked down the little hallway until we reached the door. I opened it for her.
"Ladies first, after all." I said.
Claire laughed.
(Claire's point of view)
Sans closed the door behind us and we exited.
"Oh thank god!" I whimpered. I looked around the place. We appeared to be in a little village.
"Where are we?" I asked Sans.
Sans walked up behind me. "This... Is Snowdin town. Papyrus and I live here."
"Wow. It's so nice."
"Hey, kid?" Sans asked me.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Well, this is kind of an important question." He said.
"Okay." I said. "I can hear it."
Sans looked at the ground. "When you were in there, did it make you dislike Papyrus any? Because I think you two could be great friends."
I thought. "No, why?"
"Well," Sans said, "I know he took the burger I got for you, and he locked you in such a cold, dark, and gloomy place for so long, but please tell me this doesn't change what you think of me."
"Sans," I said, "I don't think badly about you because of how Papyrus acted. In fact, I like you. You're a d-dependable and loyal friend." I told him.
(Sans's point of view)
I looked at Claire, moved by what she just said.
"You know, I've been protecting you like this because in the end, I knew we could be friends. And your a great one! I haven't ever met someone as unique as you. You're going places, Claire! Places like my house! Wanna spend the night?"
Claire thought for a moment. "Will Papyrus be there?"
"I don't think so. He told me he would be at Undyne's, practicing for battle." I told her.
"....... Yeah, that sounds g-good. By the way, you never told me who this 'Undyne' person was."
I smiled. "Oh yeah! She's the leader of the royal guard. Okay. You wanna come over? I haven't showed you to my house yet."
Claire smiled. "Of course!