Chapter 9 | Stop Signs

(Claire's point of view)
I woke up on the couch next to Sans. He appeared to be watching a show I recognized. In fact, it was The Office. I love that show. But it's a little strange how there are so many shows down here that monsters seem to know about.
"Hey, Claire." Sans greeted me. "Can I get you a drink?"
My mouth was dry. I sat up on the couch. "Yes please."
Sans got up of the couch and headed to the kitchen. I heard him turn on the sink and fill a cup of water. He then came back to me and handed me the cup.
"Thanks," I told him.
"No problem, kid." Sans told me, sitting back on the couch. He looked at me for a moment, but as soon as I looked back, he looked back to the TV.
"What? Is my hair messy or something?" I asked him.
"No." He said. "It's just that..." He sighed.
"Is something wrong?" I asked. Was he worried about something? Or someone? Like me? I guess that would make sense.
"I'm just worried because I think you'll have to fight Papyrus soon. And I can't help but wonder if he'll lock you in our garage again."
I wasn't happy to hear that. "Well, will I even run into Papyrus when I leave Snowdin?"
"Heh. To leave Snowdin, you would have to FIGHT Papyrus. He guards the exit." Sans said. "B-But don't worry! I can help you with that!"
I nodded. "Okay."
"Hey, I should mention: Papyrus has a special attack. You see, if you see a blue attack coming for you, just don't move. When you see blue, just think of a blue stop sign. Get it?"
"That's funny, Sans!" I told him.
"Hope it helps." He said reassuringly.
(Time skip)
After chatting for about an hour, I left to try my luck with Papyrus. Sans wished me luck before I left.
I hope this works.
I walked down a trail outside their house. It was strangely long and ominous. But as I walked down it, a snowflake pattern appeared around me like a hazy aura. I kept walking until I couldn't see a thing around me.
Except for Papyrus.
"Human! You may not pass! You know why? Because you'll never stand a chance out there! This is for your own good!"
Of course.
"Oh. You want to prove yourself? Well then, you do just that!"
The fight started, and my soul appeared as a little red heart again.
Papyrus snapped his skeletal fingers. A blue bone appeared in his hand. He swung it at me, but just like Sans had told me, I did NOT move. Papyrus kept swinging the bone at me. He got tired.
But then he grinned. He snapped his finger again, and before I knew it, my soul turned blue, and sank to the bottom of the white box. Now I could only move left and right and jump.
"You're blue now! THAT is my special attack!" Papyrus yelled. "Nyeh heh heh!"
Oh no.

Hey people. Sorry if this chapter is short. I'm working on this story as often as I can!