Chapter 3 | Your new home

"Allow me to educate you on the operation of the ruins, my child." Toriel said.
I watched as she walked over four slates of rock on the floor and then pulled a lever. The door in front of her opened up, revealing a long corridor.
"Come, my child."
"Okay, but first, can I ask some things?" I asked.
"Of course, my child. What is it?" She asked patiently.
"First, could you please not call me your child so much? You called me that three times in a row." I suggested.
"Of course, my ch-I mean... Can I get your name?"
I sighed. "My name is Claire." I told her.
"Splendid! Now, so you have any more questions?" She replied.
"I do have one more question... Can you hold my hand? I'm... I'm really scared of spiders."
"Aw, of course!" She replied.
She gave me her hand, so I took it. I felt a little nervous holding a complete stranger's hand, but Toriel's presence reassured me.
We walked down the long hallway. The magnificent pinkish-purple bricks were remarkable. They seemed to go on forever as we walked down the corridor.
"So... Toriel, do you know that flower?" I asked her, curious to learn more about the underground.
"Well, yeah, I guess." She answered quietly.
"Has he tried to hurt you, too?"
"Actually, no." She replied. "He used to be a very kind and loving person."
"So what happened to him?" I asked.
Toriel sighed. "That story, I cannot tell you, Claire."
I frowned, but I said, "Okay."
"Thank you, my child."
At last, we reached the end, revealing a small house, possibly belonging to Toriel.
"Welcome to your new home, little one!"
I felt my heart sink. "N-new h-h-home?"
"Look, I get that you want to go home, but you don't have anywhere better to go."
"B-but..." I stood there speechless.
"Why don't you come inside?" Toriel suggested. "I've got something to show you, innocent one!"
I'd never felt so heartbroken in my life. Was this really my new home?
Toriel opened the front door and I walked inside, closing the door behind me. It was a neat house. The room we were in had a room to the left, and one on the right, as well as a small set of stairs that lead downward.
"This place is good and all," I told Toriel, "but will I really have to stay here forever?"
Toriel closed her eyes. "I'm afraid so. But this is for your own good. I don't want you to get hurt."
I felt tears welling up to my eyes. "I.. This is..... I can't...... What the...." I couldn't believe my ears.
"I'm very sorry, Claire. I'm sure that your family will miss you, but you know... Better safe than sorry."
I cried. "I d-don't even have a family to go back to!" I sobbed, wiping my tears with my sleeves.
Toriel patted my back. "Claire, I... I had no idea. I................... I'm so sorry..."
I began to feel better.
"Hey, maybe this will make you feel better!" Toriel thought out loud. She then grabbed my hand and led me to the hallway on the right. She stopped at the first door.
"A room of your own! I hope you like it!"
She patted me on the head in a reassuring manner. I smiled slightly.
"Th-th-thanks, Toriel.." I wined.
"How about you get some rest? It's been a long day for you."
I smiled. Toriel left to check on something. So I opened the door and looked inside. I closed the door behind me and looked around the place. There was a small art desk with a bucket of crayons and markers. Next to it was a little bookshelf. I looked at one of the books. It was titled: The ultimate joke book, by Sans the skeleton. Weird. I opened the book and read one of the jokes. Here's how it goes: Knock Knock! Who's there? Anita! Anita who? Anita nother minute to think this one over. Hahahahahahaha NOT FUNNY. I put the book back. Behind me was an old bed with a giant blanket and fluffy pillow. This lady knows how to parent...
I laid down in the bed and put the blanket over myself. That being said, I fell asleep in a matter of minutes.
I had a dream that night.

I was in a dark forest, fog surrounding my vision. I was confused and scared, but I decided to run. I kept running until I tripped over a log in the ground. I tried to pick myself back up, but when I looked above me, a monster was there. It was tall and sinister, wearing an intimidating set of brute armor. It wasn't wearing a helmet, showing it's face. Her long red ponytail waved heroically. She held a sharp blue spear, aiming it toward my head. She didn't hesitate to throw it, jabbing right through my skull.

I woke up after that.
I looked to the alarm clock on the nightstand next to my bed. It was 2:00 AM in the morning.
Wow...
I breathed rapidly, still recovering from my nightmare.
I can't stay down here forever.
Tomorrow, I'M FINDING A WAY OUT OF HERE.